PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

Deanyboy
31-01-10, 14:35
Hi all! I have just joined this site and am so hapy to find a place where so many people are having similar problems. I have finally found people who would understand!!!!!!!!!

I will tell you a bit about myself:

My family has a very strong history of Epilepsy on the female side e.g my sister, aunty and grandma. Grandma developed it from around 30 years old, my aunty from birth and my sister from around 13/14.

When I turned 13 I had my first ever panic attack. The only thing that I could suddenly make sense of this feeling of sheer terror was to think that it was epilepsy, so I was going to be like my sister etc etc.

from then on I have suffered from panic attacks and very high anxiety over it, even to the point where I continuously feel "dizzy". I am now 23. I have had counselling and NLP over the years which had heped me for a while, then I would go back to the same panicky way.

on 6th october 2009 I had a very strange visual disturbance. it started as a tiny wiggling blind spot just off the center of both visual fields. it then grew to a water effect around the edges of both eyes, then to a sparkling effect around the edges, similar to a blue sparkler on bonfire night, but it followed the pattern of blood vessels. Then it just stopped suddenly, with no headache after or later. This lasted for around 25 mins and as you can imagine guys, it scared the hell outta me!! I thought this is it, epilepsy from now on.

I have a wondeful 2 year old little boy with my partner and we have another little one on the way, due in june. I wish i could enjoy our time as a family more but im held back!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post guys and I look forward to meeting you all on here!

nomorepanic
31-01-10, 14:39
Hi Deanyboy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mr Parfect
31-01-10, 16:02
Welcome to NMP.

Andyroo
01-02-10, 00:48
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs:

Veronica H
01-02-10, 09:43
:welcome:to NMP Dean and sorry that you have been carrying this fear around with you for so long. Have you been completely checked out by your GP? If you get the reassurance that you don't have epilepsy then you will be able to stay in the moment more and enjoy being with your family.

Veronicax

Deanyboy
01-02-10, 11:58
Hi there, docs just dismiss it as acephalgic migraine, still scared though!
Thanks for your input guys! :)