PDA

View Full Version : Losing my mind.

pheetuz
31-01-10, 17:27
I know ive seen this kind of post on here all too often but i really do feel like theres something wrong with my head atm.

I have been suffering from anxiety for 5 months or so and went onto citalopram, i have since come off of it.

I have been off it for a month so i dont think the way im feeling should have anything to do with stopping citalopram any more.

I just feel like im not real anymore, just bumble along with my life feeling very little in the way of any emotions other than anxiety and depression, have very little idea of what is going on around me, find it hard to concentrate on anything at all, which is hard being at university, was talking to my grandparents today and it felt like i didnt know who they were. Also my memory of events is hazy at best and when i think back on them i find it strange that they actually happened.

Just generally feel like im going to have a mental breakdown and stop being able to function, i know all these are symptoms of anxiety but i have a history of drug abuse and fear that i have screwed my brain up beyond repair.

Feel really depressed about this, ive got so many people in my life that care about me and i feel that ive really let them down by feeling the way i do at the moment, especially if its due to the drugs.

I havent been having serious thought about suicide but just wondering how life would be for every1 if i wasnt here, i could never do ne thing that stupid, i would just be letting more people down but its worrying to think about.

All in all i just feel like crap (massive understatement) and that im losing my mind and that ive done lasting permenent damage to my brain, want the old me back but fear that might not be possible.

Maj
31-01-10, 17:31
You don't sound as though you are losing your mind. You have a good insight as to why you may be feeling like you do. You have made a huge achievement coming off drugs. Be proud of yourself for that. You maybe should have kept taking an antidepressant to help you through this period as sometimes we need a crutch to help us for a while. Coming off drugs and meds aren't easy so you've done so well. Being anxious can cause strange, surreal symptoms and this is probably what you are feeling. Have you read the list of symptoms, etc. on the left of the page? I think when you do you will be reassured that you are not alone. You can get through this and you've done so much so far. If you really feel you can't cope then speak to your doctor and they can help you.
Myra:hugs:

hannybun
02-02-10, 17:12
Hello sweet

I just wanted to give you some reasurance about that symptom, its a very common thing to happen in people with panic attacks. I had it for ages, thought i was unreal world unreal, in fact some of my friends have had it. It is really horrible when it happens but it passes more quickly when you just think to yourself its anxiety and it will pass I promise, silly thoughts and feelings in nerves are not harmful I promise x:flowers: