PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety again

happy2
31-01-10, 18:00
just testing if this actually works

diane07
31-01-10, 18:03
Hi happy2

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

happy2
31-01-10, 18:06
At last, this worked. Have had health anxiety for 10 years, know how it started and why but cannot cure myself. "It" started with panic attacks which quickly went to depression but now has manifested as health anxiety. Has got worse over the last 4 years since husband died, maybe should blame him as he can't defend himself, sorry my sense of humour is a bit warped, he was a very good support. Have had all checked out by GP and consultants and there is nothing wrong with me except my head which keeps telling me how I am probably suffering from heart disease, cancer, some unknown cause etc. Have seen a psychologist a long time ago which helped, just wish I could stop these thoughts. Can anyone help??!

kingi
31-01-10, 20:33
hi happy 2 im sorry to hear bout your husband ive got the same health anxiety and its not very nice ive had it for 2 yrs now and its doing my head in every pain i get im panicking x

RosieXXX
31-01-10, 21:21
Hello happy2,

Welcome to the site, you will find loads of support from lovely people who really understand. I have suffered from health anxiety for many years. Over the past few years I have improved, so I know it is possible to make a recovery, and I am sure with all the good advice and support here you will gain more insight into this dreadful anxiety, which will help you to cope.

Vanilla Sky
31-01-10, 21:28
Hi happy2, Welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Mr Parfect
31-01-10, 21:43
Welcome to NMP.

Maj
31-01-10, 22:06
Hello!!
Yes, you still seem to have your sense of humour - this is a good thing!! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. It must be so difficult. Health anxiety is anxiety no matter what form it comes in and you can recover and manage to live with this. You will get support and advice here. When you learn to accept and not be afraid then you are on the road to recovery. Don't despair, many of us have been there and you are not alone.
Myra:hugs:

Andyroo
01-02-10, 00:44
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs: