Panic Attacks frequent
Jittery/shaky
Lack of appetite
Dizziness
Mind wandering
Trying to work out what’s wrong all the time
Short of breath
Sinus problems

I am quite worried and left it for some time and put up with it trying to get it out of my head but recently it just wont go away

I have had some symptoms on an off for years but just battle through them but this time it's really worrying me that i have a serious illness

I can feel fine for example this morning then i went out and my mind started wandering and i felt ill came home and had to get back in bed and this happens more and more frequently

Many thanks

many thanks

Jaco45er
31-01-10, 18:37
Hi tech and welcome mate

You have not got one symptom there that can't be attributed to anxiety. When you have an anxious mind, your body will cause all those symptoms you have mentioned.

Now assuming you have been to your GP for a full check up (and if you haven't, I would recommend you do) I would suggest that you start to seek advice about the faulty thinking.

All anxiety is, is faulty thinking. An anxiety sufferer thinks in such a way that it manifests itself in making us feeling ill, and typically we start to think the worst about a simple little headache, chest pain, etc.

Anxiety is an ailment of the mind, and this leads to the body.

TC

Jaco

techwoodjez
31-01-10, 20:10
Hi Jaco

Thanks for the quick reply will visit the gp tomorrow sounds daft but I have put that off as well thinking it will go away and the fear of going

Have been a bit naive about it all i think and just thought it would go away

Many thanks

Jez

SmartyPants
31-01-10, 21:27
Let us know how you get on Jez, good luck.

techwoodjez
31-01-10, 23:09
Hi SP

I will do as think will be beneficial to some on here at least, amazing site and help here

Never been one for talking or sharing my problems but feel i have taken a step in the right direction

Thanks for your time to read

Jez

techwoodjez
02-02-10, 16:49
Hi to all

Thought i would update

Finally got to see my Gp and he was very sympathetic (I understand not all are reading the posts)

He has prescribed Bedranol a beta blocker for initially 28 days and i have literally just started the course

I will keep updating my progress, hopefully it will be good and maybe help someone else to make the same steps

Any questions feel free to post or message any time

Jez

Jaco45er
02-02-10, 16:53
Good luck mate, let us know how you get on with it :)

techwoodjez
06-02-10, 08:18
Hi All

Thought I would just update
Been taking beta blockers for 4 days now, fluttering in chest has stopped, some times get it a little but much more settled, Bit of a twist though as because i have suffered for so long when the tablets started to take effect and I could not feel anything heart etc I had a bit of a panic, hows that work ? anyway sleep is still all over the place and still got some other symptoms from time to time and the mind wanders and sometimes feel like I am waiting for some symptoms

Find myself thinking there must be something else wrong but trying to stay positive and as you all know not easy

I understand beta blockers don't deal with anxiety so its only the start

Hope this helps

Anyway write more soon

Jez

techwoodjez
04-03-10, 00:02
Hi every one

I would like to appologise as I said I would update regularly and its been a while

I am still taking the beta blockers and to be honest they have taken away the heart fluttering and the churning stomach sensations , I ended up with a cold and that sent my sinuses and ears funny but I stuck it out and its clearing up on its own

I have been experiencing numbness in my right arm/leg and pins and needles (mild) and still have bouts of a sort of dizziness /weakness , had a couple of moments when I have been panicky and the old feelings have returned, I seem to find myself waiting to feel ill or still worrying something bad will happen and strangely found visiting the supermarket or public place a bit odd (however I work in a public building dealing with customers and staff and seem to cope but if I feel ill I just get out of the way

I returned to the doctor and explained my arm/leg symptoms and he didn't seem too concerned, he gave me a repeat prescription for beta blockers and that was that

I am writing this with a bit of a fuzzy head (waiting for a symptom maybe ? blah bah) so its all very odd and just try to keep telling myself its OK

Sorry its a bit long winded and hope the above makes sense to some, this is an amazing site and full of help and advice and sort of comforting I am not alone

Hope others are having some success and finding the same

till next time

Jez

Jaco45er
04-03-10, 07:16
Hiya Jez

That's possibly anticipation anxiety buddy.

Once you have had a spell of anxiety or a panic attack, your mind (and body) sit in anticipation of another attack or spell of anxiety. With this comes suggestablility, so as soon as you get an everyday pain (everyone gets them, a headache, pain in the body etc) right away, your mind is on alert of an impending anxiety spell.

May I suggest you have a look at Claire Weekes books (I think NMP still sells them here in the shop, if not I am sure Amazon do). It's a very good book written very well and may help you take the fear out of the anxiety.

Once you overcome the fear, then you start to overcome anxiety.

Good luck Jez

Jaco

techwoodjez
07-09-10, 17:49
Hi All

Been a while since i have posted, excuse if this is a bit jumbled but just wanted to post what's in my head

I had to go back to the GP for a check up with taking the beta blockers and while there he suggested some blood tests, This puts the fear of god into me and I cancelled the appointment for test

I stopped taking the beta blockers and this made me feel terrible for a few days to the extend I ended up in the usual place you all know well the emergency doctors for heart test, BP usual suspects and to be told all was ok, within a few hours I felt sort of normal.

I have tried to conquer this myself vitamins, trying to relax, eating proper meals etc.,

Just recently I have realised that really I am no better and am kidding myself and just put a brave face on things and it is affecting my life quite seriously, I have become withdrawn, find myself constantly worrying every minute of every day, I dread going anywhere thinking I am going to be ill. I have developed sciatica and also had a bad episode with my sinuses and fuzzy ears

recently I have developed a twitch in my right eye very random and am getting back the anxiety symptoms of churning stomach, anxious etc, this week i found myself waking suddenly gasping for breath like i had stopped breathing and it scared the hell out of me (something else to worry about)

I am still convinced this is all in my head but the physical symptoms make it seem much more serious week in week out. Am i going mad

I have just decided to psych myself up to go back to the GP next week for a chat

Just wanted to put my thoughts down on paper so to speak and this is the best forum around for this and i can relate to so many posts

Anyway thanks for reading and Hope your all managing well

Jez