PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Caz 47
31-01-10, 18:38
Just a short note im suffering with very bad anixety and panic attacks have been the past few months .. just would like to talk to anyone who has experienced these symptoms i guess i just need a friend or someone who understands at the moment i just feel im going mad .. Thanks Carole

nomorepanic
31-01-10, 18:40
Hi Caz 47

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Andyroo
01-02-10, 00:47
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs:

KK77
01-02-10, 01:01
Hello Carole

Have you seen your GP about getting some treatment for your PAs or are you currently on medication? You'll find loads of support and advice here so you've come to the right place.

Take care and welcome to the forum

Veronica H
01-02-10, 09:35
:welcome:Carole. You will not go mad.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronica

Vanilla Sky
01-02-10, 13:02
Hi Carole and welcome to NMP :welcome: Love Paige x

Caz 47
01-02-10, 17:37
:welcome:Carole. You will not go mad.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronica

Thankyou veronica i will certainly go have alook at the book you have recommended i have heard of claire weeks i belive she is very good at self help .. so thankyou for the help .... Carole

Caz 47
01-02-10, 17:51
well veronica i have ordered that book you spoke of so i shall read it from cover to cover im hopeful it will help a little but i also know that i have to really try and help myself in all this too its like thinking patterns in the brain you put them there and then stress and panic over them one thing in this that helps is that there are alot of sufferers out there all with the same problems it is just climbing on the first rung of the ladder that is the hardest part ...

I go to see My GP on thursday as well i know there is know quick fix to any of this and it takes time and hard work on my part .. but thanks for the info it was most helpful ... Carole ....