PDA

View Full Version : im new to this

shona a
31-01-10, 22:47
hi everyone im shona and im currently taking fluoxetin 20mg. my husband left me at the begining of december and i was devastated. i didnt cope and eventually was talked into going to my gp. i feel much better but im scared. ive never taken anti depressants and am worried that when i stop taking them all my problems will return. dont know how ling am supposed to be on these and how i will feel and cope. anybody got any help and info, thanks.

diane07
31-01-10, 22:48
Hi shona a

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Maggz
31-01-10, 23:19
Hi everyone, I'm new to this too. No longer drowning out my fear of going away from home with alcohol (sober now 3yrs) after over 1yr stuggling I've just seen your site . Have been on citalapram which solved the problem as I was too drowsy to go anywhere or think straight. Am now on flouoxitine 20mg (6wks) but doesn't seem to be working. Have just started a Computer Cognative Behaviour Therapy Course which I hope will help. I want to go on a trip in a week & meet up with a friend. It's a 400 mile return trip by train. I know I'll be ok when I get out but it's the day before & the morning I leave I'll be 'mortified'. I've had enough of this happening. Am sure someone may have this too & can help. Is there a name for it? Thanks.

Dollie
31-01-10, 23:42
Hi Shona, everyone is different in the length of time they need to take the anit depressants but I can assure you it will get better. My husband and I split up in May last year and not only did i not see it coming but I was totally devastated. Now I have set up a new home and am slowly begining to be back on track. It does get easier and things to get better but the tablets help and slowly but surely you will know when your ready to come off them. In the mean time we are here to help if we can:) and always ready to listen. Be Positive and you will see positive, ( from someone who tries to be but cannot always get there) Take Care x:hugs:

Mr Parfect
01-02-10, 00:36
welcome to NMP.

Andyroo
01-02-10, 00:44
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs:

KK77
01-02-10, 00:51
Hi Shona

I'm sorry to hear of your split from your husband. I hope in time things will improve for you and you'll rebuild your life again.

Normally, you would stay on an antidepressant for at least 6 months after you feel better again but some people stay on them for longer. When you recover, it doesn't mean that you'll automatically get ill again when you come off them, so concentrate on getting better first.

Welcome to NMP

Veronica H
01-02-10, 09:39
:welcome:Shona. Sorry that you have had to go through this. NMP is a friendly site with great support.

Veronicax

Vanilla Sky
01-02-10, 12:56
Hi Shona, Sorry you are going through a hard time at the moment. I know how devastated you must be feeling , I have been there myself and i have to say the antideppresants helped me so much, I slept better so therefor could get through the day better and as time went on i felt more lifted. I was on them for about 6 months and before i knew it i had come to terms with my marriage breakup and moved on . I am now happily re married and have never looked back. You will get through this hun, you will find it helpful ans supportive here, glad you found us :welcome: Paige x

shona a
16-02-10, 23:17
hi it shona again remember me ? my husband left and i was a mess. im was not too good for a bit there but doing ok now. i want to thank everyone who replied to me, it helps just knowing that ther are people out there to listen.i still dont like the idea of taking pills but they do seem to be helping me and at least i can funtion again. is that whwy they supposed to do? thaks again for the support. x