PDA

View Full Version : Eczema

phil06
01-02-10, 01:19
I'm getting annoyed with this. Never suffered skin problems all my life until late last year when I got a rash on my arm. I thought it would go away went to the doctors who said it was a touch of eczema. I keep reading it goes away and comes back?

But mines is like you put cream on it..it's ok'ish and if you don't it actually spreads and it's horrible as it leaves brown heads on my skin and parts of my arm look badly burned.

There's few bits of it actually cleared up. My next bet is try E45 cream but I have been stressed so weather it be that or not? I'm sick of having this burning skin! :doh:

KK77
01-02-10, 02:04
Stress can definitely cause skin problems in some people, as can this weather. I've heard that E45 cream is good but didn't your GP prescribe you any cream for it? Once you're less stressed it'll probably clear up on its own.

phil06
13-02-10, 02:11
I had tired E45 cream that helped but put it on tonight and it burned like mad I had to remove it and it's made it more red..best to stop using? :unsure:

Southern_Belle
13-02-10, 02:22
Hi Phil,

I also had eczema when I was young and it can creep up on me still today. I found that prescription meds always work the best. For me, I had it on my hands (especially between my fingers), behind my knees and where my arms bend. My son had it from head to toe when he was born so it is genetic. Sometimes you don't develop allergies until you are older. Washing your hands alot can make it worse if you get it on your hands. Make sure your skin doesn't get too dry. Sometimes mine got weepy and by that I mean the little sores would break open and you are right it burns and itches like crazy. I hope you get it under control because I know how you feel.

Take care,

Laura

phil06
22-02-10, 23:05
Does anybody with eczema get little red dots and patches on there wrist like underneath and sometimes it nips then goes away?

I'm a little worried by this but it's probably eczema :blush:

Lauz
23-02-10, 06:48
My friend get it because she is allergic to egg.
You should check with your doc if it could be allergies?

tasia
23-02-10, 09:38
Hi there,
Ive said this on other posts before but the best thing for eczema in aquirist cream you can buy it in big pots from the chemist its quite cheap. E45 is ok but it is quite strong, I myself have very sensitive skin, ive tried E45 but it makes me worse. Aquirist is much more gentle on the skin.

beanie
23-02-10, 11:52
I can't use E45 at all on my skin, it is way to harsh. I use Oilatum - it is the only thing that has ever improved my ezcema. You can get creams, bath emolients, shower gels, alsorts of things. It's just on the shop floor in the chemists, not even behind the counter. I recommend you give that a go. It smells great and works a treat (for me anyway). E45 does more harm that good I think - I would steer clear!!

phil06
31-03-10, 21:06
Is it normal for skin to burn and go bright red? I suffer OCD so hand washing alot seems to be making it worse. :blush: