PDA

View Full Version : MIND - courses

Tomimo
28-12-05, 20:14
My doctor gave me some information on courses run by MIND and suggested contacting them as the run some workshops locally.

Has anyone got any experience of their courses, especially the 'coping with anxiety) one, as I was thinking about contacting them.

Thanks in advance.
Annie x x

alexis
28-12-05, 20:40
Hi Annie,
No but sounds interesting, is there nothing on the Internet?
xxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Tomimo
28-12-05, 20:49
Hi Alexis

There is a mention of it on the MIND website but it doesn't give much information. At the moment I figure anything is worth a try but would be less nervous about it if I heard some personal experiences.

I'll post more information if I find anything out.

Annie x x

carldourish
28-12-05, 20:53
If my personal experience was really bad, would that stop you from going.

Remember, personal experiences are that. (Personal)

Make a choice, to think its worth trying and call them tomorrow and book a place.

Carl

Meg
28-12-05, 20:54
Yes there are some people who have passed through here who have used them and its been fine.

Tomimo
28-12-05, 20:55
Thanks Alexis, Carl and Meg

I'm definitely going to give it a go, I've got nothing to lose!

Annie x x

alexis
28-12-05, 22:01
Annie, keep me informed please, later I will look on website thanks, sounds interesting.

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Tomimo
03-01-06, 19:24
They're not running a course until the end of February and it's in the daytime so I can't go.

The lady was very helpful and suggested that they have a drop in on a Thursday night so I'll consider it.

Annie x

rabbit25
09-02-06, 15:52
I really need some professional help and contacted MIND atleast two weeks ago. Couldn't believe they told me how long I'd be on waiting list for. Currently unemployed so am glad I can get help for free.
Today MIND contacted me to invite me in for my 1st interview on 23 Feb.
Feeling panicky about it already and have been avoiding going into town, cos I'm scared I'll catch an illness. Now I know I really do have to go, I feel nervous etc.
Just wish someone could come with me!

Meg
09-02-06, 17:53
Glad that you've now got a date and can start making moves to attend the course.

Of course you're nervous , thats why you're going and everyone else will be exactly the same.

Good luck

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?