PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have lesions inside the eye?

mom1982
01-02-10, 10:01
My ophthalmologist said I have lesions at the top & bottom of both eyes, in the cornea i think. She said it's nothing to worry about but if i see flashes of light or a rush of dark spots, to see her immediately as it is a sign of retina detachment. Does anyone have these lesions too or know anything about them? This is the first time I've heard of it.

Girl_Interrupted
01-02-10, 10:30
Hi, are these lesions like white patches? If you shine a light into the eye you can see them on the surface of the cornea. I have these, it's debris build up on the eye. I have been into hospital had it checked out, told me it's harmless, unless vision is compared. These patches have been there for 3 years now and not caused me anything bother. This might not be what you have got, so take advice from your optician.

mom1982
01-02-10, 10:35
The ophthalmologist said it was inside the eye. She saw it using her equipment & torch, I have no idea what they look like nor have I seen anything weird in my eye. She said it in the inside sphere on the top and bottom and if these lesions tear, it will lead to retina detachment which requires immediate surgery or you will slowly go blind.
I'm wondering if anyone has these & have had no problems? She said don't worry about it and the lesions might not tear, but of course it still sounds so scary.