PDA

View Full Version : Hello friends

JoeKanon
01-02-10, 15:20
I am a father of three, raising them as single parent for two years now.

I suffered two losses last year: my mother died and my wife left us. My wife left us two years ago. Last year, my kids and I accepted that she may not be coming back after all. Since then, realizing my own mortality, I am suffering anxiety over my health, fearing that I'll die early and leavng my children with no one to take care of them.

nomorepanic
01-02-10, 15:21
Hi JoeKanon

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Maj
01-02-10, 15:31
Oh for goodness sake Joe. What a hard time you've gone through. I really feel for you. I'm sorry about your mum and your wife. Being on your own with your kids must be so difficult at times. You should be so proud of yourself though. You are a credit to your family even wanting to join this site to help yourself. You'll get lots of support and help from like-minded people who know what you are going through. You are not alone. With the right help you will get through this. I think anyone in your shoes would have the same worry, it's only natural in your circumstances. I'm sure you'll go on to have a long and happier life but anxiety is making you doubt it at the moment. I'm sure this feeling will pass through time and you'll be able to see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so glad you've joined. You've made the first step.
Myra:hugs:

Veronica H
01-02-10, 15:48
:bighug1::welcome: to NMP Joe. My heart goes out to you. What a run of negative events. My father raised three girls when my mother left us. My youngest sister was 6 months I was 3 and my eldest sister was 6. Our relatives lived miles away and my Dad did more or less everything himself in the beginning. This will get easier Joe as your kids will grow into helping to take care of each other too. There may be agencies that will offer support to you as a single parent so look into this. You will find comfort and support here. These 'what ifs' are sensitising your nerves and preventing you from living in the moment which is understandable given your circumstances.
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

JoeKanon
02-02-10, 02:04
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.

Veronica, knowing that your father single handedly raised you and your sisters gave me the confidence that I can survive this. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Myra, thank you for the encouragements. I needed that. Being a single parent is a lonely ordeal with no one to talk with and assure me that I'm doing it right.

Tetley, see you soon at the chat room.

I used to be a happy person. I used to laugh at the most mundane and trivial things. I just want to be happy again.

Andyroo
02-02-10, 03:55
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs: