PDA

View Full Version : feel like im going mad

tracy
21-07-03, 17:46
hi could anyone tell me whats wrong with me am i going mad, i have been recently badly stressed up because our neighbour her son tried to hurt his mother outside last saturday night in a rage he as recently become a father and doesnt want anything to do with it so he as using his temper . the thing that scared me was my husband threw the lads keys back from his car as in a rage he threw them back he thought he was going to get involved and jumped our fence and tried to attack my husband and kick my door in and threw a can of beer at my window. to tell you the trueth i was terrfified i have a 5 yrold daughter we called the police but they didnt come out till 12pm the next day. since this as happened my nerves have been on edge i cant seem to think very well and i feel as if my mind is going funny as it feels like its going round in circles and i feel very anxious. i am trying my relaxation tapes but when i wake in the morning i start feeling fear when theres nothing too. does anyone have this kind of problem when they are highly stressed and how long before you start feeling better again . its so annoying as i ahve been doing really well feeling very calm and just getting on with things now i have the feelings again of not being able to cope i am so mixed up i feel as if i am going mad or something i just want the feelings to go away :(

Jo
22-07-03, 17:48
Hi Tracy - what a traumatic incident! I think anyone, regardless of whether they suffer with anxiety/panic related problems, would feel very upset after a Saturday like yours. Do you suffer with anxiety anyway?

I think we can all aprreciate wanting the feelings to go away. But unfortunately, it may not happen for a while! Is there anyone you can talk to Tracy? Family, friends, etc.

Keep us posted - remember we are here!

Jo x

Meg
22-07-03, 18:11
Dear Tracy,

What a shock and no wonder you feel so on edge. It's a very rational fear given the circumstances.As time goes by and there are no more incidents you will readjust to life not being so dangerous and not be so anxious.

Keep going with the relaxation tape- play it twice or three times in a row. The sooner you relax deeply the sooner the fuzzy feeling in your head will go.
If you could go to a Yoga class or something similar it would help.
You are not going mad this is a very common symptom and is a sideeffect of your body pumping adrenalin around.It will pass.:)

Joanne
22-07-03, 19:01
Sorry to hear that, Tracy. It must be nerve racking for you- and for your little girl. *hugs*
Are your neighbours like that all the time? Or are they occasional incedences?
Sounds like you need to de-stress a bit!
Hopefully the lad in question will calm down- could you have a word with the mum? Tell her how worried you are about your daughter being frightened?
hope it works out for you, Joanne x

bishop
04-08-03, 09:45
hi there
if you are going mad,you would not no it,only a sane person would say that,you might be stress because you are scared for your daughter talk to your friend and your daughter,chin up kid you can do this