PDA

View Full Version : Convinced myself I have leaukemia

Cat80
01-02-10, 17:12
I know I'm probably worrying about nothing but it's just this thought stuc in my head. I keep finding purple bruises on my legs and have no idea where they come from. I found one on the back of the bottom of my thigh yesterday when I was rubbing my moisturiser in. Keep finding them for no reason. None for ages then suddenly one appears.

Also I am sooooo tired. I just want to sleep all the time at the moment. I do wake up about 3 or 4 times a night but am usually back to sleep within minutes. Recently it's got to afternoon and I'm falling asleep because I just can't stay awake any longer. Also I've been getting awful lower tummy pains. Probably my IBS but it's going on for months and no let up and painkillers don't help.

I have a Dr's appointment on the 16th Feb but not for this problem but for the fact I feel sick all the time and get tummy pains.

Just a bit fed up of feeling so rough at the moment, can't remember the last time I didn't feel tired or sick :weep:

Anxious_gal
01-02-10, 17:34
if you have leukemia I'm pretty sure it will show up in your blood so once you get your white blood cells check and when it does come back normal hopefully it will put your mind at rest.

I wonder about the bruises, there's many things that can cause that, even being low on certain vitamins, maybe a multivitamin might help your energy?

I know about being tired, i think sometimes because we are always so anxious and worked up, we get days where our bodies just want a rest.
I'm always tired in the evenings but then come 11 or 12 at night and i'm wide awake again!

as long as your not getting tones of headaches, nausea, literally being so tired you spend a few days in bed!
thats what happened my cousin before she was diagnosed, (leukemia) she had very bad symptoms. the doctor felt her tummy and her spleen was enlarged and then he did a full blood count.

the symptoms are similar to the a bad flu or virus. So I understand why your scared. there are very common symptoms to have but chances are your actually ok , maybe just a tad bit run own.
the very fact your well enough to stay awake long enough to post this is a very very good sighn!

Starscream
01-02-10, 19:25
Hi there.

I am not JUST saying this to make you feel better but I literally had a serious panic attack on Saturday Night when I was out the shower and noticed a tiny tiny tiny small bruise like under the skin spot on my left side of my stomach. I have one on my right arm and under my right hamstring and on my right side of my stomach too and I went nuts when I saw the latest one appear from nowhere.

lilypippin
01-02-10, 19:33
Hiya,

Not sure if this could be any help/relevant to you but when I first started at Uni I got loads of bruises on myself and like you immediately thought leukaemia. I took myself off to the doc and he asked what my diet was like. At the time I was pretty much living off packet pasta n sauce meals (first time away from home and couldn't cook!!). He told me to eat meat and pretty soon after I started doing that, the bruises went. Fits in with the earlier post about being deficient in certain vitamins.

xx

Cat80
02-02-10, 10:43
Hiya and thanks everyone for the replies.

I'm just worried because recently I've been getting headaches and I never get headaches. Also I feel sick all the time, everytime I eat I feel like it wants to come back up again. I'm just also so tired, I have no energy at all, feels very similar to when I was a teenager and had ME. I had a blood test about 6 months ago and everyone was normal apart from my ESR levels which were raised but never did find out why.

B-gal
02-02-10, 19:04
Hey there, I am constantly covered in bruises completely randomly and I went and got checked out as I also had worries of leukemia or something. But everything was completely fine. You def should always get checked if you have brusing for no reason, but it doesnt mean that theres anything sinister wrong. I was checked for my blood count and liver and other things too and they were all fine. Hope you feel better soon

xxx

Cat80
03-02-10, 11:04
I had a full blood test (where everything was checked) last summer and everything was normal then. I think it's probably all down to my anxiety but not sure how to get over it. Meds don't work for me and neither does CBT or counselling. Think I'm stuck like this forever. Seeing Dr on 16th Feb so hoping she can help me