PDA

View Full Version : HARD FEW WEEKS

loulou
29-12-05, 11:20
Hi All,

Just need to get somethings of my chest. As you may have read in my earlier posts I have a couple of bad weeks first of all my parents were arguing and drinking heavely again then the doctors told my dad they thought he had suffered we later found out it wasnat a stroke and tha he is in good health which is a releif then my mum became very depressed and the other day she had been out to a work lunch with some collagues of mine as we work together and she had had quite a lot to drink i phoned her and she was on the train home and sounde a bit upset i asked her what was wrong and she said nothing then my other colleague who wasnt on the lunch rang me and asked me to phone my mum and another colleague had tried to ring me but couldnt get thourgh to say that my mum was very upset i rang her again and she was really sobbing saying that she wanted my dad so i told her to stay where she was and id come ring my dad to pick her up i rang my dad and told him then tried calling my mum again but her mobile was just ringing this continued for an hour and i still couldnt get thorugh by now my sister, dad and bro-inlaw are all trying to get through my dad and bro were on their way back from a job about 45 mins away from us and im still ringing then a man answers the phone and tells me he is a ambulance man apparently 3 people phone them beacuse my mum was just lying on the floor in the street really crying i told him we was on our way so my dad gets to her and bring s her home whe was in a very bad way rocking and that we phoned our doctor who came to see her but said she wasnt sucidal so their was nothing they could do. the next morning i took her to the GP and went in with her and told the doctor everything when he asked my mum if she was suicidal she said no cause she wouldnt have the guts but she did wish that a bus would knock her over and kill her which i found very hard to hear cause she must of felt terrible to wish she was dead and it made me feel a bit unloved selfish of me i know when i know what depression is like but when its your parents its very hard. My mum is feeling a lot better now and we have had a good xmas. On top of all this ive met a new boyfirned who is crazy about me but im worried cause i dont think i feel the same but i dont want to be left on my own so im continuing to see him which i know i bad cause its not fair on him but im scared of being lonely i just dont know what to do now. sorry i know this doesnt make much sense but need to clear my chest.

Lisa

Meg
29-12-05, 11:27
Sorry to hear all this Lisa.

I hope your Mum is now getting some help to sort out her issues.Soem may have been alcohol fuelled but not all of it. Good that she wanted your Dad near her - shows she wanted some help.

You take your time with the new boyfriend and keep it at your speed. Even if he doesn't turn out to be what you need as a partner , maybe he could still be a friend.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

alexis
29-12-05, 11:30
Hi Lisa, gosh you have had a stressful time, at least now your mum seems to be getting better and you enjoyed Christmas.
Dont worry about your new boyfriend just go with you heart.its early days.
Glad you managed to get things off your chest.Take care.xxxxxxxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.