PDA

View Full Version : Having A Panic Attack - And Scared

Kitty Kazanage
01-02-10, 22:31
I Just Gave My Uncle A Hug And He Told Me My Heart Was Beating Really Fast - I Wasn't Out Of Breath Or Anything And When He Told Me I Asked If It Was Normal And He Said He Wasn't Sure - So That's Just Got Me Panicing More And More And Now My Throat Feels Like It's Heating Up And I'm Panicing More - So Scared And This Is The Worst Panic Attack I've Had :( x

Corinne
01-02-10, 23:43
You could be dehydrated. Drink a glass of water -- slowly. I've found when my heart races, water helps. Did you take your pulse? How fast is it going? If you continue to panic, it isn't going to slow down. Try to relax and distract yourself with a book or TV. If you can get your mind off it, it will slow down.

Maybe your uncle was wrong?

bagladybadu
01-02-10, 23:49
Hello. I am a new member. I hope your panic attack has gone away. Remember they do not last forever and if you are able to get your mind off of it, it will stop. Do not feed it! I know it is not easy but you can do it. How are you now? Big hugs!

KK77
02-02-10, 00:07
Sometimes we can just get palpitations for any number of reasons. It could be that you felt a little emotional when you hugged him and that set it off. It doesn't necessarily mean a panic attack. I really wouldn't worry about it.

looking4answers
02-02-10, 00:35
Panic is funny that way.. I was told that I had super high bp at the doctors office one day.. it got higher and higher everytime I would take it after that.Its not until I realized that your bp gets higher when you are active and so does your heart.Its weird how post suggestion can make things worse..Im telling you that you are fine and that I know you will be ok.. just relax ,take a deep breath and let your body go limp and think about something that is very relaxing and enjoyable for you .. and fast heartbeats can be normal and slow ones to so .. I don't know why they said they didn't know other than they didn't know..Hope you feel better.. My heart beats super fast sometimes I won't even take it and then after awhile it slows down.. always does eventually .. don't worry be happy.. Michael

Kitty Kazanage
02-02-10, 00:40
Thank You Everyone - I Feel Alot Better Now Back To Normal *hugs all*
=^_^=

Corinne
02-02-10, 00:42
Oh, good!
Hugs