PDA

View Full Version : Plz help cant cope

anx mum
02-02-10, 13:30
Many of u know ive been suffering from a painful calf for about a month now:weep: been 2 docs ruled out dvt had bone scan came bk ok really suffering with it just wanna b well. Docs referred me 2 neuro? Thinks its something neuropatic.

Emira7
02-02-10, 14:07
Hey there

I am not sure what we can say. All I can say is that it seems like your Doctor/Consultants you have seen are doing everything to find out whats happening, and thats very reassuring.
I think - and please don't take this the wrong way - that if they felt it was anything serious/life threatening it would have been suspected/diagnosed by now.
Has your GP given you any advice on pain control, or indeed some super duper strong painkillers to help you?

When is your next appointment? I think I said this before, that they may not be able to find the reason for this pain, I ache all the time, and it ranges in severity/mildness, and I have had to accept that this is how my body reacts etc..

Big hugs (())
xxx:hugs:

Brunette
02-02-10, 16:11
The person who can help you best is you.

I wish you could believe that. :hugs:

anx mum
02-02-10, 16:44
really dont think this pain is due 2 anxiety. Doc thinks its a neuro pain dont really know what that means. On strong painkillers but not doing much. Thanks for reples

suzy-sue
02-02-10, 17:41
It means Nerve pain Bev..You might find taking a combo painkiller ,beneficial ..The Naproxen is an antiinflammatory ,if you add codeine it will help better with the pain hun .Id definately go to the Dr and ask about being reffered to the pain clinic tho .He will be able to suggest something you could take alongside the Naproxen too ..t/c Sue xx

anx mum
02-02-10, 18:56
was thinking of going 2 pain clinic just dont know what 2 do sue cant go on like this affecting my life getting me so:weep:. Do u think it is nerve pain?

Cell block H fan
02-02-10, 21:18
was thinking of going 2 pain clinic just dont know what 2 do sue cant go on like this affecting my life getting me so:weep:. Do u think it is nerve pain?

Have you looked in to this at all?
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Somatization-and-Somatoform-Disorders.htm

nomorepanic
02-02-10, 22:06
I still think it is the HA anx mum.

Remember how bad the headaches were and I think I said at the time that once you were assured about them you would move onto other things.

It is so typical HA response. Docs will find nothing wrong and the pain is very very real.

Maybe ask the doc if it could be this.

anx mum
02-02-10, 22:18
thanks for the link and advise nicola just so tired of bein in pain. Feel like im in a maze and i cant get out but i really want 2 x

Maj
02-02-10, 23:31
Hi,
As Nicola said, it sounds like high anxiety. It can make you feel all sort of aches, pains and symptoms. They seem very real to you at the time and you become obsessed with them. It definitely sounds as though there is nothing serious to worry about with your pain. You've had thorough tests done and they've all proved negative - which is great!! I wish I could do more to reassure you.
Myra:hugs:

Brunette
03-02-10, 08:41
Is there a spa near you that does a leg and foot massage?

I bet if you had one you'd come out feeling 100% better, at least you would be more relaxed which could only help.

Anxious_gal
03-02-10, 09:21
can you describe the pain?
so sorry to hear your in pain :-(
you could give acupuncture a go, I've heard the western style put the needle right into the source of pain and apparently it can help. heard it on a radio show.
definitely a nice massage could help.
you can get herbal cream to rub on your skin that's supposed to help pain.

anx mum
03-02-10, 12:34
pain is awful feels sharp and like a burning pain. Think im gonna ask doc for mri cant go on like this my HA is sky high:weep: frustrating just wanna b well for my boys and 2 plan my wedding

Cell block H fan
03-02-10, 14:37
pain is awful feels sharp and like a burning pain. Think im gonna ask doc for mri cant go on like this my HA is sky high:weep: frustrating just wanna b well for my boys and 2 plan my wedding

I thought you already had an MRI recently for the calf pain?

Emira7
03-02-10, 14:40
I think that was an ultrasound

Anx mum, i really do think this is anxiety, you are so focused on the pain your mind and body never gets a rest from thinking about it.

x

Maj
03-02-10, 14:44
I very much doubt that your doctor will arrange for you to have another mri. These cost a huge amount of money (which I know shouldn't come into it), but hospital budgets, etc. are taken into consideration so I honestly don't think it will happen. The mri that you had probably won't even show any change. It's a shame, I know, but hospitals are very strict when it comes to things like this. Sometimes we can become obsessed with our symptoms and let it take over our lifes. Try not to let it. Take your painkillers when you need to but get out there and do stuff. Something that will lift your mind. Something you really enjoy doing. Have you started planning your wedding yet? - don't put it on hold because you'll never get this time back again and you'll regret it. I really feel for you but I think you need to try and get out of this vicious circle of pain and despair.

Cell block H fan
03-02-10, 15:51
I think that was an ultrasound

Anx mum, i really do think this is anxiety, you are so focused on the pain your mind and body never gets a rest from thinking about it.

x

Oh right, anxmum called it an MRI, as it was in december around the same time my mum had one for her Tinnitus. If so, I dont think they will do another this soon.

Carys
03-02-10, 17:30
and 2 plan my wedding

I think you need to go ahead and start planning that wedding, irrespective of your calf problem. Even painful conditions can just disappear over time, with no diagnosis made and you sometimes never know quite what caused something. Ligament pulls, strains, trapped nerves and assorted other things won't show on many tests, and over time they can heal themselves. Most serious things you have now been tested for, so you are just going to have to try to take your mind off it at the moment....I'm not saying the pain is not there, but just that whilst the tests are ongoing you need to try and get on with things as best you can.

Do your painkillers make any difference to the pain at all ?

anx mum
03-02-10, 17:36
make a bit of difference co codimol helps abit. Really dont understand cos wake up with pain. No havent had mri. Had bone scan done. Trying 2 look ahead 2 wedding wrote invites today.

Cell block H fan
03-02-10, 17:53
Ah in that case they probably would do an MRI then. You did have an MRI back in december though didn't you for something else, I thought I was cracking up there or mixing you up with someone else, but just had a look at your previous threads.

anx mum
03-02-10, 18:15
yeah had mri done dec on head when was getting bad heads. Just want 2 get well so i can concentrate on wedding

Maj
03-02-10, 18:19
I'm glad you've started on your wedding plans. That will give you something to look forward to. Sorry, I too though you had an mri. But as you say it was a bone scan. Maybe if you have an mri then it will put your mind at rest. Try and keep positive and look forward to a lovely wedding. Hopefully by then you'll be able to put all this behind you and it will just be a memory.
Myra:hugs::flowers:

anx mum
03-02-10, 18:27
thank u myra feel like its never ending thank u for all ur support:flowers:

Maj
03-02-10, 23:04
Please don't under-estimate yourself. You have gone through so much. You've had such a lot of aches and pains and feel that you can't cope, but you have been coping. You have been trying to deal with it in your own way. You've spoken to the doctor and explained how you are feeling. You've had tests done. You've had to wait for results but you've still gotten through it all. You are actually stronger than you think. Keep trying to say to yourself that you can get through this and you will. You've done it up until now. You can cope and have been doing so. Putting posts on here has maybe helped you along but you have been living through this yourself - none of us have done it for you. We haven't had the tests done. You have. When you are less anxious then I think the pain will ease. You can help yourself and don't ever think you can't. Don't under-estimate yourself.