PDA

View Full Version : My blood pressure reading at home

Onthepulse
02-02-10, 16:20
My missed beats are really driving me insane. Over the last few days i have been taking my blood pressure with my in laws own one and these are my results

My lowest was 106/70 with a pulse of 77
My highest was 142/77 pulse 59
The most worrying one was 127/106 pulse 59 but i was getting a few missed beats during this reading and the 142/77 one.

Yesterday they were all quite low 126/77 pulse 80
106/70 p77, 108/73 p81, 112/81 p67, 130/81 p75

Today they have been 127/106 p59, 142/77 p59, 121/88 p62, 127/97 p69, 127/89 p60

My pulse is ranging from lowest 59 highest 81.

I will not become addicted to taking my pulse i just needed to see what was happening with it. Hate bp being taken at best of times but do relax to my best ability.

I was thinking of going to see my doc tomorrow to mention the increase in missed beats but i feel so stupid and i'm sure the doc is sick of seeing me about them (even though the last time was the beginnig of last yr).

Do these readings need looking at?

I really think it is the problems at work that have brought these on as i have built up some anger and st on it for 3 weeks. I always think i am going to die with these or think these could be different from others. In my peak of anxiety my heart used to beat 100bpm and irregular every other beat for about 6 months continuous and i had ecg at the time and it was all ok. Had holter last yr for 24hrs but didn't ring for my results, if it found anything then i would have been contacted by now (i hope).
When i had my last small bout of these i had a reason for them as i'd had some major things happen, but this time it's just normal everyday stress and work stress which most people have to deal with too.

Every little thought that pops in my head goes straight to my heart. How annoying! Thing is i don't feel anxious or stressed but i am holding onto my stomach and it feels tight so somewhere maybe more subconsious (sp?).

I feel like such a lemon needing reassurance. I haven't had them for this length of time (4days) and this frequent since the beginning days 11 yrs ago so i am puzzled slightly.

Sorry for the rambling guys.

Pulsey

Jaco45er
02-02-10, 17:01
Ahhh my favourite subject :)

All those figures are fine, don't worry but pop to your GP for a proper opinion (I am no medic, I just know a little about BP, well enough to go on Mastermind ;))

Anything over 140/90 is considered high, but even that is mild, and if you hit between 140/90 to 159/95 constantly, a GP might suggest a lifestyle change before meds (again, I am no doctor, just experience).

To give you some idea where I am, my pulse at rest is 58, my BP readings at home are between 120/70 to 160/100 depending on my state.

My GP told me that unless you wake with BP through the roof, then don't worry, BP is designed to go up and down with work n play, but it's people who have a high BP 24/7 that need meds (and meds are very effective these days).

I tell you what, pop to your GP, sometimes it's that reassurance that makes the anxiety go away :)

GL

Jaco

jodiehind
02-02-10, 18:17
My favourite subject too, I go through phases of taking my BP and checking my pulse.

Those readings look absolutely fine and it is normal for your blood pressure to fluctuate lots during the day. My doctor told me that they are only concerned when your BP goes up and stays up for every reading over a period of weeks. Anything above 140/90 is classed as high/borderline. Like you my pulse can be anything from 55 to 89 and for a long time this concerned me, and to be honest when I'm going through a bad period with my HA it still does.

I have since learned that what you eat etc can affect your pulse and also if you are anxious anyway this can cause it to race. I suffer with palpitations quite a lot and my doctor told me of a way to try and slow my heart rate down when it sets off fast. You pinch your nose and blow like you are trying to make your ears pop and I don't know how but it seems to work for me.

Hope this reassures you, I know how scary it is.

Take care

Jodie