PDA

View Full Version : Echoing in right Ear and heat sensation in stomach??

sazblack
02-02-10, 21:48
Hello

I am new to this board but unfortunately not new to health anxiety. I have suffered for roughly 10 years but the last five have been the worse since my father passed away.

I recently gave birth to my second child and on 4 occasions since have had this weird echo in my right ear it comes out of nowhere on all occasions I have been watching TV at the time it only lasts a couple of seconds I seem to shake my head and it goes but immediatly afterwards I get this hot sensation like a wave of heat over my stomach from the bottom up. This then sends me into a panic attack.

I am not sure if the wave of heat is the start of the panic attack after the ear sensation freaks me out but it happens so quickly afterwards it seems to be related.

Anyone on here had anything like this happen to them? It is playing on my mind and is exactly the kind of thing that sends me to a bad place with my HA and panic attacks.

Thanks x

looking4answers
02-02-10, 21:55
Ear infection.. I have had this twice in my life..for lack of a better word..its rather weird..nothing to be concerned about.. mostly allergies or sinus but if you are worried check it out with a doctor..Its not anxiety.. it only causes anxiety.Good luck to you and hope you feel better.. Michael

sazblack
02-02-10, 23:05
Thanks Michael

I have mostly good days now as I am so used to the the hundreds of ectopics a day etc it's just when I get something new I freak out.

Perhaps there is something else you can help me with I have had ectopic beats for years and have had ECGS and two 5 day continuos tapes the second 5 day tape showed hundreds of ectopic beats with pauses but that my heart was fine and normal. Recently on about 5 occasions I have had a short run of racing heartbeat it has been after I have lifted something heavy (i think I am holding my breath at the same time) it only lasts a minute or two and then goes back to normal.

My question is I know that I am not anxious at the time of it happening (although I am very anxious afterwards) but in your opinion do you think this is anything to worry about after 4 ecgs and two 5 day tapes of my heart? If there was something wrong I assume that these would have picked it up!

The racing heart thing only started when I was pregnant with 2nd child and happened about 4 times when pregnant and once since having baby.

Thanks again x

looking4answers
02-02-10, 23:20
No not really..I have this as well .sounds pretty normal..Your heart has to adjust to the movement and actions of your body and then subside back down to normal. I have had only on ekg and the doctor took about an hour to check everything that you can check without going into the hospital but when I was in my 20's I had every test they could make including showing me my heart on something like they show you a baby on.

He said the fact that I have had anxiety and fast heartbeat most of my life the cardiologist stated to me it probably made my heart stronger.. go figure I have had the ectopic beats since I can remember and that is about 55 years. I never told anyone about them until my 20's because I thought everyone got them.. I think if there was anything wrong at all period they would know it after so many test.I think you will be fine and you sound pretty normal.. with the racing heartbeat..Also something I can tell you about myself if I anticipate my heart racing because I know im gong to do something strenuous it generally does..

I used to get anxious in the shower because my brother had a massive coronary when he was 44 in the shower getting ready to go to work. You know when you get the shower you are washing your hair and your body and the water is hot and so on..I used to get really fast heart beating because I anticipated the fact that my heart was going to beat faster.. Now when I get in the shower I think of anything and everything besides fast beating and usually im fine.. I really don't think about it too much anymore..

But overall I think you have nothing to worry about. Just try to think of other things and I hope you feel better soon.. Michael