PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

stuart88
03-02-10, 00:52
Hello.:)

I'm Stuart, I'm 21 from Edinburgh.
Left a job recently and my life has taken a turn for the worse since then. Almost been a bit of a worrier in general but my anxiety has increased tenfold since I stopped working. I'm depressed, have BDD, HA and SA as well. So as you can see it isn't looking too great for me at the moment. Most of my anxiety isn't that severe though and I do still have a lot of friends at the moment despite my SA.
The BDD is a different story though, really have difficulty coping with my looks. Sounds pathetic and vain but I really can't help it tbh. This is made worse by the fact that I've began balding, it isn't noticeable to anyone else yet due to the fact it's diffuse thinning and not a receding hairline, but when it does start to become noticeable it's going to make me despise myself even more.

My doctor/counsellor have started me on 20mg fluoxetine, but I really can't see how it's going to improve the way I see myself. Here's hoping though. ;)

Anyway, hi!

nomorepanic
03-02-10, 00:54
Hi stuartidh

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

KK77
03-02-10, 01:17
Hello Stuart

Sorry you've had a hard time of things recently. BDD is a serious and recognised condition, as are HA and SAD etc so you shouldn't feel "vain" or pathetic. It is something you can gradually overcome though.

Did you mean 20mg fluoxetine? Never heard of 2mg being prescribed but I hope it helps you.

Welcome to the forum - I hope you find all the help and support you need.

Andyroo
03-02-10, 04:04
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs:

sammypetter
03-02-10, 04:54
Hello,
I am Sammy.
I am new here. I would like to say hello to all the members of the forums.
Hope have a good time ahead with you all.
Thanks

Mr Parfect
03-02-10, 06:32
Welcome to NMP.

Jaco45er
03-02-10, 06:53
Hi Stuart and welcome :)

diane07
03-02-10, 08:28
A huge warm :welcome: to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

Brianthesnail
03-02-10, 08:52
look ward to talk to you. hope the web site help you

Veronica H
03-02-10, 09:24
:welcome:Stuart. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax