PDA

View Full Version : tremor

rosekay
03-02-10, 08:41
Hi - first time I've been on for a while, great new site guys! I read through the article on panic attacks and found my eyes leaking, so maybe I'm even more stressed than I thought I was...
I'm still getting really unpleasant sensations in my head and neck, very noticeable at night though it happens in the day too... I feel like there is something pulsing through my face which I can actually feel, like a fine shaking, though I don't know if it's really visible. Not painful, but really horrible. Have had tests because of muscle twitches (still happening, but intermittently) and MND has been ruled out, thankfully - was terrified of that. But it leaves no explanation, and that's the worst - what if there is something as yet unidentified? There must be a reason for the symptoms, and I'm scared that I don't know what it is. I know it's not imaginary, I feel it!!! Physically!!
Had a few days of missed beats recently again, hadn't happened for a long time. Can deal better with those now, thanks to RLR and the site, and all the helpful members. Don't much like it though!!
Would like to hear if anyone understands what I'm on about? Maybe it's my age! (48) Old enough to know better!
Thanks to all
Rosekay

Veronica H
03-02-10, 09:33
Hi Rose

Anxiety could be be the answer if all else has been ruled out. Neck and head rushes numbness, tightness, facial twitches, may be caused by tension buliding during the day so that when you rest your head everything 'frees up'. Of course you also have time then to tune in to what is happening and to worry about it. Have you tried Yoga? This is very good for tension. I have a DVD by Barbara Currie...the 7 secrets of yoga...very gentle. hope this helps.:flowers:

Veronicax

rosekay
04-02-10, 08:29
Hi Veronica, thanks for taking the time to answer me. Anxiety is a rotten thing, isn't it! It's weird, but I don't feel particularly anxious - until some symptom pops up from nowhere and then I start to wonder why, and what it is - and what it could mean....then common sense flies out the window. This shaking feeling is noticeable as soon as I wake in the morning - when you would think I would be rested and calm...it never used to happen till a few months ago. I do find it eases when I get up, but it can happen at any time. Bodies are strange things, and the mind even stranger, I think! It's great to have somewhere like this where you can talk without feeling crazy!
All the best
Rose

ElizabethJane
04-02-10, 10:16
Rose are you on any medication that could be causing the tremor? I have a fine tremor in my hands which is caused by the lithium I take. I dont get it all the time but it is there. It might be worth seeing if your GP can suggest something for this.

rosekay
05-02-10, 13:32
bisoprolol (palpitations) and omeprazole - will check out the leaflets, thanks for the idea!

kay18
19-05-10, 12:03
Hi rosekay i am suffering with the same thing as you. these head head tremors keep getting me down. I get them when someones attention is focused on me. I know i need to go to the doctors but i am so ashamed and embaressed to tell the doctor. Hope you find a cure xx

RLR
20-05-10, 03:40
Hello Rosekay,

The pulsing sensations you feel are fine motor tremors from musculoskeletal tension due to stress and or anxiety. Motor neuron disease actually produces a very particular type of muscle twitch known as a fasciculation. It represents gradual loss of communication between the nerve and terminal ending in muscle and skin tissues. This is absolutely not the case in your instance.

The type of sensation you are describing would be inconsistent with any form of neurodegenerative disease, so you needn't worry about it being "something yet unidentified." It is very important to understand that stress and anxiety produces dysregulation of the nervous system and the resulting physiological changes are misintrepreted by patients as constituting symptoms of some type of disease. This simply isn't the case where you're concerned. Physical symptoms can indeed occur in the entire absence of physical disease. Also understand that I've been speaking with you for some time now about your concerns and far too much time has passed with progression that would always be observed in cases of actual disease.

You're not in any danger and although the symptoms are frustrating, you should try to relax to some extent by realizing that no actual disease is present. You'll be okay. Chin up.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

RLR

rosekay
07-01-11, 15:33
RLR you're an angel! Only just found this message, but am none the less grateful for it. Still getting weird shaky tremors, so odd...but I'm still here! Thank you for your help, you are doing so much good for so many people

Tish
08-01-11, 12:03
I suffer from this too so have been finding the replies very helpful. I was really self conscious about it, when in truth, I don't think anyone else notices it.
I came across another woman, in her line of work, who's tremors in her neck were really obvious. She looked about my age (52) and I was dying to ask her what caused it! Anyway, she was an inspiration because she just carried on with her duties as if she didn't have a care in the world.. you know.. just let them look attitude. It's made me feel a lot better about myself because if she didn't care what people think, why should I? I didn't feel any less of this attractive, professional woman because she had a tremor. x