PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia issues.....

LADennis
03-02-10, 12:30
I have been suffering from insomnia for about 2 weeks now. I finally went to the doctor and he put me on Klonopin to help me sleep until the zoloft kicks in. He thinks all of my issues are anxiety related. Doesn't seem to think I have anything medically wrong. All bloodwork came back within normal range except for a slight elevated cholesteral level. 3rd night of klonopin and still not sleeping through the night. I have been sleeper a little later each time but just not until my regular wake up time. Is it normal for it to do this? Is this just a work in progress until my internal clock catches on? Just has me a little worried. I figured you take a sleeping pill, it knocks you out and then bam, you wake up at your regular time...anyone know anything about this and tell me how this all works?

KK77
03-02-10, 14:23
I'm on Zoloft (sertraline) and take zopiclone for sleep (which is a hypnotic or sleeping drug). Clonazepam is an anti-anxiety benzo drug that isn't prescribed in the UK very much - but your doctor has obviously given you that because he thinks your insomnia is anxiety related. Clonazepam like all benzos can also help you sleep but it's natural that your body needs time to become accustomed to the drugs. So give it a few weeks for the Zoloft to start working and then you should be able to slowly come off the clonazepam.