PDA

View Full Version : Heart/chest worries

panicstation
03-02-10, 13:06
Hello, i'm new, and i have to say i wish i wasn't having to come here:weep:

I have been suffering for about 4mths now with anxiety/health anxiety. I have convinced myself there is somethng wrong with my heart. It started with left sided chest pain and though i've had 2ecgs, chest xray etc all clear, i still can't convince myself i'm ok.

Dr has given me Propanalol to take. 80mg slow release. I cna't bring myself to take it, i'm scared my heart will stop....which is stupid but i'm sure some of you will understand. I just worry so much about medication and i am terrified i will not be able to breathe once i've taken it or my heart will relax to a halt.

Has anyone had a positive experience with the propranalol? Does it help with panic attacks/palps? The palpatations are new to me....like a big thud in my chest and takes a second or two to get my breath back and then a panic attack that lasts the day. Is this pretty normal? I am scared 24hrs a day.

I have two young children and a lovely husband and so i need to sort myself out soon.

Thanks xx

ZoJo
03-02-10, 13:27
Hello Panicstation,

Welcome! I too have had the palps and a lot of anxiety about my heart, still sometimes get it!
I have been on propranalol for a few months and I take them as and when I feel anxious. I find that they do work for me.
I hope you get yourself sorted soon, it does get better and what you are feeling is all very normal.

Good luck x

tiptoe
03-02-10, 15:08
I had really bad anxiaty about 5 years ago and proprananol sorted me out big time. It felt a bit wierd at first but was fine after a few days and was able to work and go to gym fine!

carolnotts
03-02-10, 19:29
hi there i have been on propranolol since november last year and i now have more good days than bad i was initially on three a day but have now cut down to one which i take in the morning and i am finally starting to enjoy life a bit better again and can get out and about a bit more now.

Can i give you the link to another site for you to look at costochondritis, it may be nothing like what you have but i hadn;t heard of it until about a month ago

chin up and please try the propranolol

http://www.costohope.blogspot.com/