PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal pain

WembleyBear
03-02-10, 14:28
Hi everyone

Having a bad day here:weep:. I've had lower abdominal pain for about 3 weeks now. After a couple of bleeding issues in November (sorry to be graphic) I went to the Doc who examined me and said he thought it was probably due to a fissure and prescribed some cream which helped a bit.

But lately have just had feeling of intense discomfort down there in my gut, like I've got bad wind (but there isn't any) to release. The actual location of the pain varies a bit and I also have pain in my hip at the back which seems related.:mad: Having had enough yesterday, went back to Doc who said wasn't really much more he could do (bit dismissive) but referred me to a colo-rectal clinic so they could "have a look with an instrument" - (I'm hoping it's not a piano, as fairly sure that wouldn't fit up there :)!) Did Choose & Book my appointment online & made it for 2 weeks time.

Now of course my imagination is working overtime - really worried it might be something serious like bowel cancer and my anxiety level is through the roof, can't concentrate, every twinge is making me nauseous and panicky. I feel so tired by the time I get home, all I want to do is fall into bed :weep:.
Logic tells me not to worry yet but I fixate on these things and just feel exhausted by it.

On the plus side, have finally made appointment with a CBT counsellor for this Friday to see if it will help with anxiety/pain :wacko:. It's costing me, but at the moment I don't know what else to do.

Sorry for the moan, helps to get it off my chest...

Martyn

Maj
03-02-10, 14:37
Lots of people on here have similar symptoms to you and they all have irritable bowel. Anxiety and irritable bowel seem to go hand in hand with each other. I'm sure it will not be anything serious. It'll probably be something you need to watch your diet with or even have to take an antacid. It's almost always never the worst scenario that we think it's going to be!!
Myra:hugs: