PDA

View Full Version : Officially diagnosed with HA today - I feel offically mad.

Starscream
03-02-10, 19:31
Felt weird since I knew I obviously had it but she said my symptoms of anxiety and how I felt were so severe that I was definetely on a priority list for a psychologist.

Bit embarassed with that to be honest.

Don't know how I'm going to take time off work and tell the staff I manage that I'm going to be seeing someone because I'm a screwball.

MADMUMMY
03-02-10, 19:37
Dont worry, I work in a primary school and felt a bit weird telling the head teacher that I was a total nutter and needed time off to see the pshyco!

I really thought I would lose my job as they didnt want someone unbalanced working with little kids.

Just think your unique and not weird.:blush:

scorpionwhispers
04-02-10, 08:35
Think about how many people are seeing a therapist, counsellor, psychologist, psychiatrist etc and you will realise you are far from alone. Besides surely it's better that you take a little time off to see someone who will help than time off work because you can't cope. There isn't so much of a stigma attached as there used to be x

rosekay
04-02-10, 08:42
Sorry, what is HA?

Emira7
04-02-10, 09:45
Hey

Firstly you are not a screwball. Is it any wonder that those of us that are more susceptible to anxious feelings get worried about our health? Look at all the government campaigns that go on. The amount of information we can access on the internet.

You can just tell your work that you suffer from anxiety, you don't have to go into the details, they will understand. You don't have to tell the staff that you manage surely? Can you not just tell your HR department.

At least you are going to get help, I think its great that you have got somewhere and will be treated appropriately

Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you get on
xxx

jimlfc6
04-02-10, 13:08
Hey

Firstly you are not a screwball. Is it any wonder that those of us that are more susceptible to anxious feelings get worried about our health? Look at all the government campaigns that go on. The amount of information we can access on the internet.

You can just tell your work that you suffer from anxiety, you don't have to go into the details, they will understand. You don't have to tell the staff that you manage surely? Can you not just tell your HR department.

At least you are going to get help, I think its great that you have got somewhere and will be treated appropriately

Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you get on
xxx

sound advice. perfectly worded.

Maj
04-02-10, 13:46
No, of course you are not officially mad!! You are a sensitive person suffering from anxiety!! There's no shame here. I work for the nhs and I know quite a few members of staff who have seen psychologists, counsellors, are on antidepressants, off work with stress. It's a sign of the times. Please don't feel ashamed. Wanting help is a good thing and I don't think you need to go into any great detail with your colleagues either. It is your own personal business.
Myra:hugs: