PDA

View Full Version : Definately feeling better

kate H
30-12-05, 11:50
Havent been on the site for ages which I feel quite guily about but thought I owuld let you know that im feeling alot better.

Even managed to get on a plane in October coz my boyfriend took me to Ireland and I had to sit on my own coz the plane was full so we couldnt sit together, I think that was the turning point, something simple I know but felt like a massive achievement.

Have started a new job which totaly freaked me out but am settling in. The depersonalisation has nearly gone but there are days when it comes back but I try to fight it off.

Panic attacks are almost unheard of although I have found lately when im really relaxed or about to go to sleep it feels as if my heart stops or skips a beat (any advise?)

Anyway just wanted some of you to know there is light at the end of the tunnel and you can beat your demons and move on. Am glad to be getting my life back.

Thanks again for everyones help

Kx

.......Is your past barging in on your future? Make a better 2morrow 2day.......

rhowes2000
30-12-05, 11:58
Really glad to hear you are doing better. Keep it up! Just out of interest were you/are you scared of flying?

kate H
30-12-05, 12:03
Yes absolutely petrified of flying, I would turn my boyfriends hands blue from holding them so tight and when we got on the plane and the stewardess said we could sit together I nearly got off. I went to the health shop before we left and got some calm tablets and travel tablets and along with that and some breathing exercises on the plane I managed to get through it all by myself!

.......Is your past barging in on your future? Make a better 2morrow 2day.......

Piglet
30-12-05, 12:14
Aw Kate that is a lovely post - I am so very pleased for you :D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
30-12-05, 13:42
Excellent news Kate

Well done on the flying and good luck with the new job...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

alexis
30-12-05, 13:50
Well done on all Kate and all the best for 2006.
xxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Karen
30-12-05, 13:50
Great to hear you are doing so well Kate.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

rhowes2000
30-12-05, 13:53
Well done on the flight then, I really cannot handle it. It is honestly just one long panic attack from when i get to the airport until the wheels touch the ground at the other end. It's so frustrating there is so many places I want to go but cant. All the best, and it's very nice to hear someone on the better side of anxiety.

nomorepanic
30-12-05, 15:43
Kate

What lovely news to hear so thanks for the update. [^]

I am so pleased that things are looking up for you.

Nicola

Tomimo
30-12-05, 18:32
What a fab post, very encouraging!!!

Glad things are going so well for you - well done!!

Annie x

trac67
30-12-05, 18:32
Kate,

Well done, it is so good to hear how well you are doing, keep up the good work:D

Take care
Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

DagoGirl
30-12-05, 22:25
Good for you!!!!!!! That is GREAT!!!!! May I ask what you did as far as therapy or medicine goes? How long did this part of your recovery take? I am fighting the depersonalization demons and hearing that your s is under control or gone makes me feel like I have real hope!!! Thanks Chrissy

clickaway
30-12-05, 22:37
Kate - thanks for posting such heart-warming news as we go into a brand new year.

Your success will breed success I think.

Take Care and every happiness for 2006.

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers