PDA

View Full Version : Really worried, strange feeling in my throat

PixieL
03-02-10, 20:54
Hi everyone, today i woke up and i had this pain on the right lower side of my throat, its more a dull ache and its been coming on and off all day, at random times and it goes as quickly as it came but im all worked up over it thinking its throat cancer and i just wanted some reassurance :weep:
I've done the thing im not supposed to as well and googled it and this has made me feel worse but i couldnt help myself. i can't feel any lumps but my throat feels strange to, almost tender on that side, i don't think my throat is swollen but i can't be sure and i don't have any trouble swollowing. im just really worried and ask please for some advice. Thanks guys

BornWorrier
04-02-10, 07:59
Hi hon

Sorry you're feeling so worried.

Let me reassure you - a vague pain in the throat that comes and goes IS NOT a symptom of throat cancer. You would be having many, many far more sinister things happening if you had anything of that sort.

I hesitate to tell you what the symptoms are because, if you're anything like me, you might start to think you have them (!). But I promise you are showing no sign of having anything that serious.

Possibly, the back of your throat has been slightly irritated by something and time will sort it out. Sometimes I get a really sharp pain in my throat for no apparent reason, which makes me worry - but it always goes away, usually within a day.

Hope you feel better soon :)