PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Dizzy All The Time

jonny_walker
03-02-10, 21:07
Hi i Am Feeling Very Dizzy All The Time With Stabbing Pains And Like These Moving Sensations In My Head It Is Really Frightening Me At The Moment. Anyone Else Getting These?
xxx

LucyR
03-02-10, 21:17
Hi, Where are the stabbing pains? Yes I get the head moving thing from time to time too.

Carly Lou
03-02-10, 21:44
hey John, i have the exact same as you, for 3 weeks now, been told i have labrynthisis... inner ear infection, was on serc to stop dizziness and am now on antibiotics to kill it, we hope :-) i was totally freaked out just like you and worried about absoloutly everything, such as a brain tumour, have been reasured by doctor, all is fine, and the anxiety i can not stress will make it so much worse, xxxxx had it today, was fine then started getting dizzy and realised i was being anxious as i was on my way to the doctors,
im sure there is nothing serious going on, my doctor even checked the back of my eyes etc and all was fine, xxxx
can you explain to me more abt your pain, as my sinus's are acting up now, sharp headaches are very sinusy xxx

jonny_walker
04-02-10, 14:18
Hi I Get These Like Stabbing Pains In Variouse Places In My Head.. I Can Cope With Them Its The Constant Giddy Spells They Drive Me Crazy I Hate Them. I Just Want This To All Go Away So I Can Go Back To Work And Continue With My Life xx

Pudding
04-02-10, 16:17
Hi Jonny, I get this too, this feeling like the inside of your head is moving and sometimes like my eyes are not focusing properly and I'm totally off balance. I had the ear infection thing about 4 years ago and it all seemed to settle down eventually but this last year it has all come back and I get a bad spell on a regular basis now. Sometimes every 3 months or so and sometimes less than that. They tell me it's from the virus and it may go it may not. I have been given serc to try next time I get one and am praying it works because my last bout lasted about 11 hours when I just had to sit still and try not to move my head. I am totally terrified of these attacks especially as I don't feel right even in between them, I always have a slight feeling of giddiness and disturbed balance. If anyone has any major cures speak up!! I hope you resolve your problem soon. Regards Fran

Pudding
04-02-10, 16:21
Hi Carly Lou, sorry to but in on Jonny's thread but can you tell me how you got on with the Serc, did it work for you? Thanks. Fran

Carly Lou
04-02-10, 18:28
Hey pudding, yes it worked for me, have actually stopped taking it now as i am now on some antibiotics to see if that helps, was on serc for a week, and worked fine, altho i got a headache, not sure if thats to do with the serc or the ear infection i have same as you, have had a bad spell of it today the dizziness, and it has only justed started to calm down, its totally awful.... i even had a private eye test etc so they could look behind the eyes etc for any pressure incase it is being caused by something horrid like a brain tumour haha, but all was fine, its like i am drunk and i dont drink so i hate it even more, how long did you have labrythisis, or ear infection for, mine sbeen abt 3 weeks now and read can take up to 3-8 weeks to go :-( xxx

mummy4
04-02-10, 19:56
the dreaded dizzy spells. i really feel for you as i get this often. was walking through town last thurs and i seriously started spinning out frightened me so much just ran back to the car was awful, also had a massive dizzy spell on sat morning. it just ruins me and every day (((((hugs)))))))) know how your feeling xx

ann01
04-02-10, 20:07
I have this all my waking hours for months it so scary, the dizziness has completely taken over my life, scared to go out on my own and feel rubbish when i go out with anyone, i am even dizzy at home all the time so fed up with it. My doctor is convinced its just anxiety, but it horrible, i keep saying i dont think it is cause i have it all the time, i am either dizzy or off balance and have to hold on to someone when im walking.
The dizzies are my worst anxiety symptom.
Take Care
Ann
x

nooniegirl
04-02-10, 20:21
I am suffering really badly from this too. I seem to be dizzy constantly and in recent months I have been suffering from fainting for no given reason so the dizziness makes me totally paranoid.

iworryallthetime
05-02-10, 09:24
Hay carly-lou :) how you doing ?

Has your doctor checked your ears out , mine were blocked for ages and didnt realize it and that was causing my dizziness ....my doc told me labrythitus and gave me nothing ... this was some years back , but i was so dizzy i went again saw someone els who said my ears were full of hard wax , once removed after putting drops in for a week i felt alot better .
Just a thought ....may be worth checking if not had ears looked at .

and anxiety caused dizzy spells to .
x

kirstielu
05-02-10, 12:23
I wouldnt describe what im feeling as dizziness , its more that things are moving in my head and someone is holding my head i find my focus has gone wierd in that i find when i look at something my eyes automatically go into a real deep stare and i have to snap myself out of it ,does this make sense ,it making me feel sick .

Annabelle
05-02-10, 12:41
To all dizzy people!

I was diagnosed with labrynthitis 2 years ago and it cleared up but i was left with the constant movement inside my head - like im on a boat sometimes or sometimes a gentle rocking sensation - unable to focus properly, aching eyes etc. I urge anyone who feel like this to ask their doctor about migraine associated vertigo or MAV. This is when stress can trigger migraines ( as we all know) but sometimes, like I do it can be something called a silent migraine. A silent migraine is when you suffer from the aura and dizzyness that occur with migraines but without the headache. After months of tooing and froing to the dr I was finally diagnosed with this - i now take a preventative migraine med every day and touch wood its almost dissapeared.
I still get dizzy if im very stressed or tired as this will trigger a migraine attack and its worse round my period but i can up the dose for a week until it passes. However the day to day rocking and subtle movement inside my head have gone and i am beggining to function again
Dizzyness is a huge part of my anxiety and being diagnosed with MAV and being on the right meds has meant i've felt able to tackle more and more things that the dizzyness and anxiety about it would have stoppped me before. I'm not saying its what you've got but its worth a look at as many gp's aren't aware of it as a condition - i was just lucky that my drs daughter had the same thing so she knew what i meant when i went in and said - I have this!!

Sorry that turned out to be very long but it might be a solution to explain how your feeling - google it! there is a MAV forum which explain symptoms that might fit.

love anna xx

Pudding
05-02-10, 14:29
Hi again Carly Lou, thanks for the info on Serc. I don't really know how long my Labaryinthitis lasted as I just took diazepam for a week to mask it and carried on as normal. I'm not even convinced this is what I had to be honest as I just woke up with it one morning and had this awful pain in my neck where I had slept with my head bent backwards. I now get spells of it every couple of months but you never know when it will strike and that's what's scarey I think. I used to be agrophobic and managed to get myself well again but this has set me back loads. I am hoping the Serc will work and give me confidence to go out again on my own. How long does it take to work? Thanks.

NeverRelaxed
05-02-10, 17:53
I wouldnt describe what im feeling as dizziness , its more that things are moving in my head and someone is holding my head i find my focus has gone wierd in that i find when i look at something my eyes automatically go into a real deep stare and i have to snap myself out of it ,does this make sense ,it making me feel sick .

SAME!

And my eyes seem to move to quick..when im reading something for example, they track forward too fast and I have to pull them back if you know wht I mean? Nystagmus? I get jolts of lightheadedness/dizziness too..and weird head jolts when Im trying to sleep...I went to A&E yesterday and everything was fine so I just have to keep telling myself its in my head or if its nt, its nt going to kill me....I get the deep stare thing too, its rly annpying..I was lightheaded for a month but recently its gotten worse..I have been ill with an infection though..and my ears may be blocked..they feel tht way sometimes..and I get pressure which I can only assume is sinus pressure.

re: johnny walker...yes, I get sudden shooting pains in my head just above my right ear! thts scary as hell!! I think I have bad case of reflux tht might be playing on my vagus nerve and making me feel the lightheadedness...I feel chest discomfort a lot and I always seem to be swallowing a constant drip of phleghm/stomach bile? down my throat...I get bubbly sensations in the top of my stomach too and I have the clicking sensation in my throat when I swallow...

SleeplessFog
05-02-10, 18:12
I have labyrinthitis and when my sinuses are blocked or the weather changes, it makes the area around and above my right ear hurt in jolts. Its definitely better than when I first was diagnosed and I had shocks in my face and jaw!

I have had labs for a very long time (1 year) but this is really rare, most people are okay after a few weeks. Mine happened after I had a really bad/cold flu last winter....and one morning I woke up all lightheaded and woozy.

Annabelle thanks for the info...I have bobble head a lot and my eyes ache, but I think its from using a computer so much. The rocking/bobble head is bad on days when the weather/air pressure changes.

julieannboo
23-03-10, 16:52
To all dizzy people!

I was diagnosed with labrynthitis 2 years ago and it cleared up but i was left with the constant movement inside my head - like im on a boat sometimes or sometimes a gentle rocking sensation - unable to focus properly, aching eyes etc. I urge anyone who feel like this to ask their doctor about migraine associated vertigo or MAV. This is when stress can trigger migraines ( as we all know) but sometimes, like I do it can be something called a silent migraine. A silent migraine is when you suffer from the aura and dizzyness that occur with migraines but without the headache. After months of tooing and froing to the dr I was finally diagnosed with this - i now take a preventative migraine med every day and touch wood its almost dissapeared.
I still get dizzy if im very stressed or tired as this will trigger a migraine attack and its worse round my period but i can up the dose for a week until it passes. However the day to day rocking and subtle movement inside my head have gone and i am beggining to function again
Dizzyness is a huge part of my anxiety and being diagnosed with MAV and being on the right meds has meant i've felt able to tackle more and more things that the dizzyness and anxiety about it would have stoppped me before. I'm not saying its what you've got but its worth a look at as many gp's aren't aware of it as a condition - i was just lucky that my drs daughter had the same thing so she knew what i meant when i went in and said - I have this!!

Sorry that turned out to be very long but it might be a solution to explain how your feeling - google it! there is a MAV forum which explain symptoms that might fit.

love anna xx

thanks - i think that i might have this. inbetween or after a migraine i get dizzy.

frank29
23-03-10, 17:22
I feel lyk that every day its anxiety its all cos of stress i feel better when im not stressed but if im stressed or anxious im worse, i try not to think to much about it but once i do i get paronoid and dwell on it .I used to think it was my ears but i think its down to stressfull living i get regular exercise now and im much better for it than before, balance is a problem but im learning how to manage it just try not toget uptight about it cos worring about it not going to help me.