PDA

View Full Version : E.C.G. worry

itwillgetbetter
03-02-10, 22:43
Hi
Well tomorrow is the day of my ECG and guess what my palpations/ectopic heartbeat is going crazy. I have felt really ok for the last couple of days, so much I didnt have to plug my Ipod in to fall asleep to, I just managed to fall off to sleep, havent done that in ages....
As im typing I can feel the flutter/bang, I am also constantly checking my pulse again. I am not bothered about being wired up (the last time i had an ECG my heart rate was 125!!) I am really worried what the results will be...I have thought about cancelling it but I really need to get it sorted, even if there is something wrong with me I would rather know and try and get it sorted. Here comes another sleepless night......

Maj
03-02-10, 22:53
I bet you the results will be normal, apart from a few missed beats. It's all anxiety and horrible as it is your heart will be in perfect working order. I've been there and know how unpleasant the palpitations are, but just knowing that the ecg is normal is reassuring. Let us know how you get on.
Myra:hugs:

NatalieSmith
03-02-10, 22:54
Hello there :3
You're just nervous about the results, and then your heart starts to beat like crazy. And then when you realize how fast your heart is beating, you get even more scared! I know the feeling really well, it's awful :weep: But you must know that this is just because of anxiety! I'm having an ECG tomorrow as well, but I'm triyng to be calm about it. Everything will be ok! You don't have to worry at all. Don't cancel it, just go for it! You will see that nothing is wrong, you're just really nervous.

Be calm, try to relax, get distracted. Watching a movie before going to sleep really helps me when I'm anxious like that, maybe you should try it too :D

Hope you feel better! :hugs: