PDA

View Full Version : How bad has your health got?

skippy66
04-02-10, 15:14
I'm not talking about your anxiety, I'm talking about actual physical illness - how bad has it got for you?

For me, it was a stress test on which I had a run of 5 pvcs, and after the test they kept asking me if I felt ok as my blood pressure was so low their equipment wouldn't record it (I felt fine though).

The trainee doctor told me 'there is a significant abnormality there, don't jog home'

that statement has made me scared of exercise ever since.

Since having my HA, that is the worst it has got.

Be interesting to hear your personal low-point?

Brunette
04-02-10, 15:45
I don't quite understand what you mean skippy - anxiety, even health anxiety, doesn't make you physically ill although it might sometimes make you believe you are.

You have low blood pressure which might be related to a physical illness or might not, and which might be related to your anxiety or might not. If you were ill your anxiety will not have caused the illness. If your anxiety has caused the low BP it does not mean you are ill.

I think it was irresponsible of the trainee doc to tell you you have a "significant abnormality" without explaining what that meant for you or what you could do about it.

Can you get your BP checked at your doctor's sugery and see what they say?

B

NotResponding
04-02-10, 15:46
I don't have HA, but have SA...and my health is terrible, I wouldn't want a checkup they might tell me something bad! More smoking(tobacco), less eating, no excercise, higher heart rate, anxiety stuff like that...sitting around indoors for three years.....

mikhail1028
04-02-10, 20:53
I don't have HA, but have SA...and my health is terrible, I wouldn't want a checkup they might tell me something bad! More smoking(tobacco), less eating, no excercise, higher heart rate, anxiety stuff like that...sitting around indoors for three years.....

I had this too mate but once i diverted my attention on something i gained my appetite back and slowly trying to forget everything that happened during my down times,,

MissJennayee
04-02-10, 23:59
I'm certainly not in the best health due to my actual HA. Kind of odd, don'tcha think? Haha. I've went from 120 pounds to 99 in the past year from my no appetite and high stress levels. Blood pressure, like yours - is still as measly as ever. I try taking it all the time at home but more than half of the time it won't give me a reading because it's so low.
I now have chronic urticaria.
Every time I'm stressed ( almost always, ) my body releases too much histamine resulting in hives all over my body. It also gives me a bit of a run down feeling when they subside.
I'm not active in any way - shape - or form, so I'm very easily out of breath and feel faint when my body is in any kind of physical exertion. My biggest complaint! but half of it is also probably from my awful smoking habit, 2 packs a day. It seems kind of ironic to everyone else. I'm sitting here worried SICK over my health but I can still pick up cigarettes no matter how bad I'm feeling.
I think that's about it, pretty lousy :D