PDA

View Full Version : Increased Determination

NotResponding
04-02-10, 15:31
Im glad I found misc forum! Just read the question if ya cant be assed, Im sure you wont tho haha! it's more just a thought really...

I've been wondering, do you think people with social anxiety, or other problems that 'get in the way', have a higher level of determination?

We [the socially anxious atleast] have to put more/much more effort into doing everyday things, and so our will is built. We can become very persistent, even obsessive people, I've been wondering this lately.
Ofcourse, you could rightly say that when our problem get too big we will withdraw back, sit indoors, and become lathargic, more lazy, that can also be true.

Just a thought that is, but I have switched my thoughts somewhat by noticing the positive things that come out of agoraphobia/high anxiety. (The cons heavily outweigh the pros obviously, but we should look on the brighter side sometimes, it might be good for us to do so!)
:)

eeyorelover
04-02-10, 18:32
Never thought of it this way before but you are right!
It takes so much effort to work thru anxiety issues and persistence!
Perhaps it does provide us with a stronger will than someone who doesn't have our issues!
Focusing on the positives is a great idea!
Thanks for posting this!!
Really leaves me with something to think about.
xxx
Sandy

Lynnann
05-02-10, 11:10
Great Post, gave me something to ponder over.

How does that song go, Always look on the bright side of life?:whistles:

Lynnann:flowers:

NotResponding
05-02-10, 14:16
Always look on the bright side of life?:whistles:

Hehe! Yep, I dont feel all that positive anymore, but someone couldv'e had their arms and legs blown off, but it could still be a sunny day! - Mayby that's goin2 far i dont know haha! :D

moomintroll
05-02-10, 14:51
Im glad I found misc forum! Just read the question if ya cant be assed, Im sure you wont tho haha! it's more just a thought really...

I've been wondering, do you think people with social anxiety, or other problems that 'get in the way', have a higher level of determination?

We [the socially anxious atleast] have to put more/much more effort into doing everyday things, and so our will is built. We can become very persistent, even obsessive people, I've been wondering this lately.
Ofcourse, you could rightly say that when our problem get too big we will withdraw back, sit indoors, and become lathargic, more lazy, that can also be true.

Just a thought that is, but I have switched my thoughts somewhat by noticing the positive things that come out of agoraphobia/high anxiety. (The cons heavily outweigh the pros obviously, but we should look on the brighter side sometimes, it might be good for us to do so!)
:)

i think it can make us more determined and going through stuff can also make us stronger, even if we do have our bad days and withdraw

Ronny
06-02-10, 07:26
I have had cognitive therapy on and off for yrs and it has taught me to think about the positives in my life.The sad part is once the old black dog comes a knocking at a lot of peoples doors it is hard to let him back out,he sits there and tells us how useless,unworthyand unloved we are,a lot of us do not have the determination and will to fight him off.That is when we sit around doing nothing feeling sorry for ourselves.I fight with my demons on a daily basis,but I get up and keep fighting the bloody negative thoughts that he puts in my head.Focusing on the good is easy,it is the negative that saps all our energy.Perseverance.You may find that youto hang in there for quiet awhile,Ok just do it one day at a time.Even one hour at a timeif you have to,it will take as long as it takes.Forget about when it will end.You will know when it has.Keep going till then.Never yield one victory!Never compromise what you have fought to gain!:)