PDA

View Full Version : in a really bad place right now :-(

Kirst24
04-02-10, 15:49
I have just been looking up what happens in the final stages of cancer before someone dies because I am convinced that is what is going to happen to me and I have undetected cancer. I am being treated for a UTI, but the pain in my lower back won't go away, I feel really really exhausted and feels like I am dragging my whole body about. I'm worried its cervical or ovarian cancer. I'm just so so scared that I am going to die.

If my blood tests last week(full blood tests) were all ok apart from low potassium surely that means I don't have cancer?

I can't handle this anymore. It is all I think about and every day I worry I will die.

x

Brunette
04-02-10, 16:00
Along with many other things, cancer can be detected in the blood, however you won't necessarily have been tested for it in your FBC.

If you haven't been tested for it, it means your doctor hasn't asked for it to be tested so doesn't think you've got it.

If you have been tested for it and it has come back negative you haven't got it.

Either way you're in the clear! Now stop Googling and relax. :hugs:

Best wishes

B

Onthepulse
04-02-10, 16:18
Hi Kirst,

First of all, does your Doctor have any reason to suspect you have "cancer" or are you fearing the worst?
For many years now i have had gyno probs - pelvic pain, irregular bleeding, pain after intercourse & bleeding, really bad periods and lots and lots of pain. I kept going back to doc and they found a small polyp which i had removed. A year later, again relly bad pain etc. Had scan on ovaries and found nothing. I went through the same fearing the worst and that the docs were missing something serious. I even paid £500 for a health check with Bupa!!! They told me i had anxiety issues! i just paid all that money to be told that...lol.
When your anxious, every little thought sticks in your head and esculates into something bigger. You add more and more fire to your thougths and you become preoccupied with these thoughts and believe waht you are thinking. I won't go into my whole anxiety story as it will be too long.
I used to worry myself silly and everyday i would think i had something different, but it's just how anxiety works. There is no magic switch to calm you from this, only you or medication can do that and time....
Please try to keep as calm as possible and keep busy, so your mind can't think 100 miles per hour. We all worry and i think alot of us are really scared of dying and this fuels alot of anxiety as many anxiety sufferers will say they think they're gonna die.
Do you have good support from family and friends?
I wish you all the best and hope one day you will find that calm.

Take care

Pulsey

smudger
04-02-10, 16:52
I kinda understand the worry IF you have reason to worry but it sounds like you haven't. I've been having abnormal smears for years now (had colposcopy etc) and I have been changed from a 6 month check to yearly coz of improvement. I gotta admit I didn't like it at first, 6 months was my security blanket. But when I think about it sensibly, all is being done to ensure any pre cancer is picked up early. I have to give cells time to grow if anything is wrong so I have chilled out about it. If you can genuinely say you have good reason to suspect you have symptoms and enough isn't being done then I say seek further medical advice, otherwise go and get on with life. The odds are that you are fine.Really........xx:)