PDA

View Full Version : But why when i eat.....

nickieb
04-02-10, 18:51
OK many of you have PVC's & palps, but what i would love to know is why am i getting them after i have eaten?

I'm sure many of you have this too & i wonder if its ever been explained to you & why its happening. I only had an egg & cress sandwich today & bang. Last night red wine & steak & salad & bang!!!!!!!!

I don't get it?????

suzy-sue
04-02-10, 22:11
I have read about this before ,,It is quite common and has something to do with blood sugar I think .It also has something to do with blood flow in the stomach when you have eaten something ,,Do you eat breakfast ? It can help with blood sugar levels ,porridge or an oat cereal is an excellent start to the day as it has a slow release factor ..Dont worry its nothing to worry about hun . T/c Sue xx

countrygirl
04-02-10, 22:27
Its also to do with your vagus nerve which runs across the top of your stomach opening or somewhere near and eating too fast or too much can irritate the vagus nerve and as this controls your heartbeat you get the palpitations. My Gp told me that years ago they used to call these ectopics after meals - wind in the heart! So they knew even then that digestion causes heartbeat wobbles.

looking4answers
04-02-10, 22:36
Hi ,

I too get this.. hate it..and you have to really listen to the word HATE. because its miserable. I have all my life endured this and sometimes when traveling I won't eat which makes it worst because it gives me stomach acid..Its gas causing the Vargas nerve to interrupt your heartbeats and the adjust mechanism constantly trying to readjust it. Or so I have been told by a doctor.. but then again im not a doctor and you should probably know this much better than me.. I just accept it although I hate it. .what can you do . I have it everyday.. Michael