PDA

View Full Version : feel so ill with side effects please read x.

claire m
04-02-10, 19:13
hi i am on day 3 of cipralex 5mg i have taken these before but panicked on them and stopped taking them.

I have been really low again and thought i would give them another go and try to stick it out.

My doctor put me on alow dose of 5mg with the idea of working uo to a suitable therapeutic dose.

I feel very ill i am shaking i have a very sore neck bad stomach very bad headache i keep on getting cold sensations washing over me. I feel like i have the flu.

I really dont think i can carry on with these if im going to keep feeling this way.
Has anyone else had the feeling over cold shivers on this medication?
claire:flowers:

mummy4
04-02-10, 20:01
hi claire

well done for getting to day 3 hun thats great esp when your feeling like you are. i am also on 5mg cipralex (doc has suggested i up it to 10mg but am way too scared :() i have been on these for just over 4 years. i can relate to the cold chills you are describing and they can be very frightening. my advice would be to stick with it hun. these horrible side effects will eventually start to pass. if you need a chat message me anytime xx

ZoJo
04-02-10, 21:08
Hi Claire,

Stick with it and pass the poopy days!!! It DOES get better. If it wasn't for cipralex I wouldn't be where I am now - medication free and on the road to recovery. They gave me the calm to recoup and carry on. It takes time and a positive approach, the side effects will pass. Keep going xx

claire m
09-02-10, 10:50
hi just thought i would post a quick update im on day 8 and the side effects are starting to fade :yesyes:.
im also starting to feel more optimistic.

mummy4
09-02-10, 10:58
fantastic news good for you xx

steviep
09-02-10, 11:34
Hi Claire,
I have also just changed from another med onto Cipralex 10mg, I am on Day 4 now and have also been having a bad time, My Anxiety has increased and I am also suffering with the cold shivers and panic attacks and have had to take Diazapam to counteract the feelings.
I have actually woke up feeling a bit better today and really hope that improvements come day by day, your story has encouraged me to continue taking them as improvemnets can be seen with time.

Hope you continue to feel better day by day, If you want to chat anytime then just PM me.

Steve

ZoJo
09-02-10, 14:48
Thats brilliant news Claire, well done for sticking with it x