PDA

View Full Version : Sigh of relief ECG done!!

itwillgetbetter
04-02-10, 20:30
Hi
Just wanted to give you an update. I went for my ECG today.

I had no sleep last night whatsoever, my ectoptics/palps or blips as I call them where in full force and continued throughout today. I was checking my pulse all of the time and as it got nearer to my appointment the worse i got, so much so I had convinced myself i wasnt going. In tears I phoned my husband and he calmed me down.

I went to the Drs walked into the room ,looked at the nurse and burst into tears. She was really good with my and made me feel a liitle better but i was still petrified. Along with my blips, i had really cold hands and feet, felt dizzy and felt like I couldnt breath!!!!

I was all wired up and away we went. I could feel my heart racing and blipping. The nurse did two traces and sent the results through to the Dr on her computer. She said the result said normal but my heart rate was a little high 88 and 92 but that was to be expected. (my last ecg my heart rate was 125!!)

The Dr looked at the results and said my heart was perfectly normal, PHEW!!!!!!

I feel, well i wont say a lot better, but a little bit better. I am just going to have to accept that it is ME causing a lot of my problems and get it into my head that I am FINE (easier said than done) but I going to give it a good go and start living my life and try and stop worrying. :wacko:

Maj
04-02-10, 20:56
I'm so glad you've had your ecg. It's daunting I know. Anything to do with your heart does make you feel tense and emotional. We'd all feel the same. Sometimes the thought of the procedure is worse than the actual thing itself. And it was great that it was normal. It will reassure you that it is anxiety that's causing your palpitations and you can start thinking about trying to cope with them without fearing them. You'll sleep better tonight!!:yesyes:
Myra:hugs:

NatalieSmith
04-02-10, 21:01
Oh, I'm glad you could make it! :hugs: I went for my ECG today as well, and I must say I was so nervous that I had the same symptoms you did. But after it was all done, I felt so much better! :D And I know it's hard for you to believe that you're fine, but with time you'll belive in that though, 'cause you're really fine and there's nothing to worry about.

Hope you get a really nice night of sleep tonight! :hugs:

NeverRelaxed
04-02-10, 21:06
I had one today! completely normal...doc said no need to worry. My pulse was elevated but she said thts to be expected cos I was so anxious.

itwillgetbetter
04-02-10, 21:46
Thank you so much for your kind emails, it really does make me feel better. Im going to try and have an early night, fingers crossed xx