PDA

View Full Version : Throat Cancer :(

AlkiAdam
04-02-10, 22:55
Hello,

My life is really rubbish at the moment, the last 3 weeks i have felt breathless all day :(
I went to the doctors and she said my lungs were fine, but now i feel like my throat is really tight, like something is around my neck but there is nothing and im worried its cancer in my throat :(

Does anyone no what this might be? I am still getting breathless and i think its due to my throat :( x

Any help please

thank you x

nomorepanic
04-02-10, 23:13
Sounds like globus caused by anxiety.

It is so common we have a whole forum dedicated to it.

Have a read in here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=84

suzy-sue
04-02-10, 23:15
Its a common symptom of Anxiety ..Once you relax a bit and breathe more deeply ,it will dissapear .Being anxious causes the throat to tighten its muscles .If you had throat cancer you would have more symptoms .Have you got anymore ? Its quite a frightening feeling ,but once you acceppt its just being caused by Anxiety it will get better ..I promise ..T/c Sue x:hugs:

JohnnyLamb
04-02-10, 23:17
Throat tightness, shortness of breath, and difficulty swallowing are hallmarks of anxiety. I've been so stressed, it was as if I was being strangled. Don't worry.

Also, remember, throat cancer doesn't go away ... it gets worse. So, if these symptoms alleviate when you're calm, sleeping, etc., then you likely do not have throat cancer.

Take care.

AlkiAdam
05-02-10, 10:19
I just feel like im being strangled, and tbh i havent been calm in weeks im feeling breathless all the time, im so fixated on it being throat cancer, even tho im told it less common under 60 as im only 20, grrr it driving me insane!

AlkiAdam
05-02-10, 10:33
oo and i have neck pain :(

suzy-sue
05-02-10, 10:37
Hi Adam it sounds like you would benefit from some relaxation ...There are a lot of different downloads you can try and Amazon do a good selection of cds ,im sure you would benefit from something .Combined with deep breathing ,regular sessions through the day will help your breathing and Anxiety levels .. Did you read the link Nic posted ? T/c hun . Its only your health anxiety and not cancer ... LUV Sue x

WembleyBear
05-02-10, 14:56
Hi Adam

My partner felt exactly as you described last autumn, like someone was trying to strangle him & he kept having to clear his throat as if he was choking. It was unpleasant for him and he went to the docs who said it could be acid from stomach flowing backwards. They sent him for an endoscopy to look at the throat and oesophagus, but afterwards they told him it was all absolutely normal, nothing to worry about. After that he calmed down (strange, as it's usually me that's panicking about stuff!) and the feelings gradually went away.

So I tend to agree with the other posters here, relaxation would probably help a great deal but you'll have to give it time.

HTH

Martyn