PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint oil capsules and propanolol

ScaredCaz
05-02-10, 10:45
Hi Guys

Went docs yesterday afternoon and this is my new medication i would like to know a little more about these medications i had been on colofac for the ibs but yesterday es[ecially i was still suffering with my ibs sypmtoms so she changed them to the peppermint capsules are there any side effects? do they take a few days to work?

Also the propanolol never heard of these before do these have any side effects?how long before they work?

I can,t seem to shake the worrying now my backache is my biggest fear i was reading a leaflet in the docs yesterday about different types of pain and how best to describe them to your doctor well my back pain is a ache which does get better if i sit and relax and is also helped only a little by paracetamols every now and then i get like a crawling discomfort up my neck which i was assuring myself was muscular but in the leaflet it said "there are many causes for this type of crawling pain most common are ****,******,*** and cancer" sorry i can,t remember the other causes i did mention it to my doctor and she said it was stress related and to use deep heat what do you think guys?

Thanks i do not know what i would do without you all :hugs:

ZoJo
05-02-10, 11:13
Hi ScaredCaz

Sorry I can't help with the peppermint capsules, but I am on propanolol which I just take when I feel really anxious. Thankfully the episodes are few and far between now. I have read that you need to stick with them to see the results, but they have helped me.
I too also suffer with my back, mine is lower and a few months back a particular stressful episode started my back off, which then started the whole of my back, sides, neck and chest giving me a lot of pain, I gave it three weeks before I went to the doctors who told me to try physio, they said it would take weeks to be referred so I went private. It was the best find I have ever made. My physio sorted me out in a couple of trips and gave me some exercises to do if it starts again. I even went to her when I was getting a nothing pain (doctors words) under my ribs. It was all down to me being wound up like a coiled spring, getting anxious over every little pain. The muscles just clam up and tighten, and there are hundreds of them. I have since found out that my 'ovary pains' were a result of my back as the muscles wrap round down there and when your back hurts other muscles are working hard to keep you up and straight.
I'm nattering on, but give yourself some tlc and try some stretching to release the tension.
Just thought of something else!!!.....See if you can find techniques for self head massage, I have a massage book and I thought I would give it a go and it really helped! Hope that helps a little bit x

ScaredCaz
05-02-10, 15:13
Hi Zojo

Thanks so much for your reply

Today has,nt been too bad a day stomache wise but i have thought about it all day my back is bad today but i did stand and iron for maybe 2 hours so that could be why

seem to be getting a fear of anerysms(sp) too i can feel pulses everywhere just hope its my mind and not real