PDA

View Full Version : aching twitching mucsles. Help!

bob
05-02-10, 11:26
So glad i found this site. Have suffered anxiety and panic attacks for the last 4-5yrs or so, have always been a worrier, but it never took over my life and some days I think i'm going mad!!!! Now I'm suffering physical symptoms, everything from going blind, can't focus, dizziness, headaches, paranoia, scratching...can't relax. But it seems now i've gone up a level. In August last yr I noticed the top of my eyelid twitch, now the twitching has gone to my legs, arms, buttocks and feet, along with aching and occasional shooting pain. I won't go and it's stressing me out so much. My rational mind says that it's the anxiety, but my irrational mind says i'm ill. Went to the doctors who kinda looked at me blankly and tested me for arthiritis, test came back negative. Last yr I went to the same doctor as an emergency because I woke up with the most awful pain in my chest i couldn't breathe. He examined me and said I was fine. Sorry to go on, but i used to be so happy go lucky, now all i feel is ill, sad and miserable!! Just need reassurace i'm not ill and i'm not alnoe. Thanks

gypsywomen
05-02-10, 11:36
i think all your feeling is anxiety its an awfull illness ,has so any affects try to stay strong love xx

suzy-sue
05-02-10, 18:23
Ive had this too ,the eye twich drove me batty .:wacko:.My Dr perscribed me some Baclofen and it stopped it after a couple of weeks ..Try to relax more and do some relaxation on a regular basis ,ie downloads or cds there are lots of different kinds ..Accepting your symptoms are anxiety and nothing else is a very significant step ,to getting rid of it once and for all .Good luck Sue :hugs:

bob
05-02-10, 21:36
Aww thanks. Just needed to talk about it. Gonna try and use some relaxation techniques to relax. Have been walking more recently which has hepled and I've cut right back on alcohol which i think in the long term will help. Thanks again xx

j2
06-02-10, 00:24
If you haven't read any of the symptoms pages located on this page, you should. I have had all the symptoms you mentioned. I have had good luck with reading books by claire weekes and asmundson. Also, rescue remedy and yoga help too. I know it is hard but try to breathe deeply and float through the anxiety. Fighting it will not help. Good luck and welcome