PDA

View Full Version : Don`t know what to do

sarahmj
05-02-10, 11:53
Hi everyone. I`ve been lurking on this board for a while now and thought that I would post a message as my mind has been such a mess lately. Basically I have depression and anxiety, most probably due to losing my father and a very close friend. Lately my depression has got loads worse, I don`t want to do anything and I can`t see the point in anything. I get into a mood with people at the slightest thing. I`m pushing my fiance away, we`ve almost split up several times in the last month which I don`t want. I`m waiting for an appointment with a psychiatric nurse but my gp said it could take weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any advice because sometimes I feel like I`m going mad and that I`m never going to get better. Thanks for reading.
Sarah

smudger
05-02-10, 12:34
Hi. I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling:hugs:. I suffer with clinical depression. A good piece of advice that I can give you from my experience is not to shut people out, especially your fiance. Tell him what you are going through and that you are trying your best to get better and reassure him that you love him and tell him what you need him to do when you feel down. That way, when you are 'not yourself' YOU won't feel worse wandering what he must think of you and also HE will be able to help you as best he can and not feel completely helpless. He is part of your recovery. If you had the flu he would rally round wouldn't he? This way, neither of you will make rash decisions about your futures together. Remember, in sickness and in health.................Secondly, focus on having a healthy lifestyle, get out and exrecise (walking is free and you can do it together) and eat properly. This will impact on your mood in an massive way. Meanwhile, don't be hard on yourself and keep busy while you wait for your appointment. :hugs: