PDA

View Full Version : Fear of stairs

Alicia
30-12-05, 17:35
I have an awful problem, when I see stairs I feel scared, anxious, and panicky. I try to avoid stairs as much as possible and I feel very crippled with it. It causes great tension in my family, holidays are a nightmare, and I cannot do the things I want to as I avoid rather than dealing with it

Meg
30-12-05, 17:43
Welcome Alicia

We had someone else pass through here who had this fear and ended up dealing with it and going for job interviews up open stairs cases.

*as I avoid rather than dealing with it* maybe 2006 is the year you decide to deal with it .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
30-12-05, 18:05
Welcome aboard Alicia

Have you had any help with dealing with this?

Nicola

Tomimo
30-12-05, 18:13
It's nearly the start of a new year. Maybe you can start a resolution to get help in facing your fears.

You can do it :)

Annie x x

Alicia
30-12-05, 18:36
Hi Meg,

Thanks for your reply can I ask how did the other individual get over their fear.

Alicia

Alicia
30-12-05, 18:44
Lots of help lots of criticism for not dealing with it, some people think that you get over it very fast if you deal with it. It takes time. I had the problem before and got over it, but this time it seems to be harder for some reason

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Welcome aboard Alicia

Have you had any help with dealing with this?

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 30 December 2005 : 18:05:11</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Alicia
30-12-05, 18:46
Hi Meg,

How did this person deal with it

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Welcome Alicia

We had someone else pass through here who had this fear and ended up dealing with it and going for job interviews up open stairs cases.

*as I avoid rather than dealing with it* maybe 2006 is the year you decide to deal with it .

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 30 December 2005 : 17:43:28</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

nomorepanic
30-12-05, 18:47
Alicia

Here is the post Meg was talking about. Took me a bit of time to find it but it may help...

Good afternoon. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2491)

Can you explain what it is about stairs that scare you&gt;

Nicola

Alicia
30-12-05, 19:15
Hi Folks,

Is the attitude of the people around you a factor in recovery or is it all in my head

Alicia

Meg
30-12-05, 19:37
Yes it is the your attitude that has the most influence followed by those closest to you .

Do check out choccocats other posts to see how she got on and maybe email her. Don't think she comes by often anymore.

Meg

looby
31-12-05, 15:52
Hi Alicia,

i have a similar thing but no where near as bad as you have.

I am terrified of stairs and escalators. Some days I can't even get down the stairs in my house so my boyfriend has to help me get down them. If he is not there I just stay upstairs or slide down on my bum.

i don't know why I'm like this, like lots of people I have fallen down the stairs numerous times, but never escalators.
I went on the tube once and I can't remember how I got down those escalators, all I remember is staring at the ceiling.

I find it sometimes helps by taking a deep breath and just take your time.

Hope this helps,
Looby
xxx