PDA

View Full Version : chronic hunger pains .. in chest area!!

mummygarcia
05-02-10, 14:45
for the last few days i have felt extrem hunger pains and nausea, despite eating ample portions, i try and eat an apple or small snack but this doesnt seem to aleviate it
the weird thing is .. it appears to be in my chest area, i also felt as if i had a little pressure around my breast bone this morning and have a slightly nagging pain under my right rib - dont know if connected ?
all very strange, i am approx 8-9 weeks pg so may be organs being pushed upwards and hunger just a symptom of pg ?
its worrying me a little as seems to be persisting, wont be able to see my usual gp until monday so have the whole weekend to ponder over my weird symptoms
just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

racdun
05-02-10, 17:07
I have the same thing lately, I'm not pregnant though CONGRATS. I put it down to my digestion been off. Took a xanax once or twice for it and it cleared it so its def something anxiety / muscle tension related. Wake up in the morning and can have it real bad in chest area, but also had it in stomach for a few days??? Nothing serious i'd say.
rachael

suzy-sue
05-02-10, 18:09
I get this with IBS ..i can eat my dinner and feel full .But a short time after my stomache is growling and I feel starving .Definately very annoying ...Certain foods make it worse like anything with onions or stuff that takes a while to digest ..Buscopan helps to relieve it ,but im not sure if you can take it if your pregnant ,,Good luck Luv Sue :hugs:

mummygarcia
06-02-10, 08:11
thank you both, you've easy my mind a little !!

mom1982
06-02-10, 11:50
I get that too, started recently. I'm not pregnant by the way, I just had a baby 3 months ago. I eat enough food & feel full at the time & then some time later i feel hunger pangs & i feel shaky like i will collapse if i don't stuff myself with food straight away. Is that really IBS or anx symptoms or something else??

tasia
06-02-10, 17:06
Hi There,
I woke up with those symptoms last night and have been getting it on and off all day today, I have got this niggling pain just under my left rib, the pain goes up a wee bit too. Was wondering what was going on I havent eaten alot the last couple of days so it probably is indegestion too.