PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks - Please Help

krja80
05-02-10, 17:47
This is just a question...Do you guys feel like you're going to pass out a little before, during and after a panic attack? I never have, but I always feel like if I don't run from where I am (sitting in a meeting at work, sitting in my office, sitting at a restaurant at dinner, etc...), that I will pass out. I've felt this way for so long that I thought that it would have stopped by now, but for some reason it still hasn't. I've had panic attacks for most of my life and they got really bad about 11 years ago and they have plagued my life along with Health Anxiety ever since. I would appreciate any feedback that you're comfortable sharing. Thanks. (oh, and I often feel dizzy, do you guys too?)

juejue
05-02-10, 18:44
hi i have the same symtoms as you ,it does really get you down ,i cant be in a crowded room feel im going to pass out and recently i have had a fear when im driving my doc has refered me for cbt had one seession and everything they say makes sense, just putting it into practice now, may be worth asking gp for a referal hope this helps take care your not on your own
juejue:)

jude uk
05-02-10, 20:28
I have felt that way but more so right at the start of having my first million panic attacks. I think after a while you come to understand that you wont pass out and running away is like like trying to out run you're own shadow. Feeling dizzy can be connected to over breathing more than anything else. Try and remain with the feelings and you will win

Pinkangels
05-02-10, 20:51
Hi
I always feel exactly the same way, and although I have never actually fainted, its such a strong feeling, that I really believe I will. Its one of my worst symptoms, and biggest fear in fact.
When im driving it sets me off, I fear I will pass out and crash the car, hurting my kids, and other people. Traffic lights and jams are a nightmare.
When im out at shops or school run, I fear that if I pass out , what will my kids do, what will happen to me, how embarassing. Or if im talking to someone or in a group, and it happens. Hate to draw attention to myself.
I cant be in crowds, feel like I cant breath............and cant escape! Dont like waiting around for things, need to keep moving (distraction), and always have that "I need to get out of here" reaction.

Hoping cbt wil help :yesyes:

Jannie2948
06-02-10, 18:23
Feel exactly the same, always think I'm going to pass out but haven't as yet! I feel dizzy and lightheaded also, before during and after the panic. Once the panic has subsided I feel exhausted. I too don't like being in crowds, especially where there is a lot of noise, I start feeling very sort of vacant and that I need to get out.

Dying_Swan
06-02-10, 19:11
Hi krja80

Yes mine have always been like that. It took me a long time to even figure out what they were because I always thought panic attacks meant breathing problems and heart palpitations.

I still get the faint feeling with motorway driving because I scared myself with something daft that I read about it. I used to have it in lots of situations...shops, college, meetings etc. I'd feel - strongly - that I was about to pass out. If I walked out the feelings would subside.

I don't get it anymore, apart from the driving thing. Occasionally I feel a hint of it but I tell myself 'what does it matter?'. I know I won't faint, and even if I did it wouldn't actually matter. Because I'm not scared of it, it doesn't affect me now. It is virtually impossible to faint when you're panicking because your blood pressure goes up, and people faint when their blood pressure is too low. That helped me. I know it feels terrible but if you can learn not to be afraid of it then you've beaten it.