PDA

View Full Version : Gad please read !!!!

Jackeyboy
05-02-10, 19:21
I Feel like dying :weep: and really need help. I have severe Gad and need instant advice.

The problem is nobody knows what GAD is like unless you have suffered from it.
The Doctor said I had rely severely. I am terrified to say this but I have attempted to kill myself. My head was dead. I cant control myself and fear of being locked up in a mental home. :scared15:

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!

Jack

Idstain
05-02-10, 20:00
Hi jack, first of all do you have any more specifics ? How long have you been Ill ?

The most important thing to remember is that YOU CAN MAKE A FULL RECOVERY FROM GAD !!!

I know it's an awful feeling and have just recovered from it myself. Has your go put you on citalopram ? Also make sure to get claire weekes books if you haven't already.

Be strong, you'll get through this :)

leony
05-02-10, 21:38
I have GAD and have suffered 4 about 3 years now but am slowly getting better i take mirtizapine and have done CBT and group therapy at my lowest used to get anxiety and panic attacks nearly every day but it does get better over time now only suffer once in a while. Mine came on through stress of work and home circumstances now retired from work on ill health will go back sometime but 2 something easier and have now started to be more assertive at home u will get better but you have 2 b patient and take 1 day at a time. My counsellor advised i set 1 little task each day and when u achieve it reward urself, write down what worries u and y. my saying was i can do this and i will do this when i started 2 get stressed hope this helps and b strong

Veronica H
05-02-10, 22:39
:welcome:Jack. You will find help and understanding here.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronica

mummy4
05-02-10, 23:01
hi and welcome

you will find lots of help and advice on here :)

so sorry to hear your feeling so low :(

are you on any meds??

have to agree with a few others......read dr claire weekes book self help for your nerves.

xx

Caz 47
06-02-10, 01:33
I Feel like dying :weep: and really need help. I have severe Gad and need instant advice.

The problem is nobody knows what GAD is like unless you have suffered from it.
The Doctor said I had rely severely. I am terrified to say this but I have attempted to kill myself. My head was dead. I cant control myself and fear of being locked up in a mental home. :scared15:

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!

Jack

Hi jack general anxiety disorder know all about it been there still fighting it but i have just aquired Claire Weeks book i have to admit it is helping she turns anxiety on its head and explains it in such a simple and understanding way please try to get a copy to read im sure it will help you fighting GAD is not easy it takes courage to face the fear head on but know one thing all the folks on NO MORE PANIC know where you are coming from they have all suffered one way or another ..im sending you hugs jack hang in there PLEASE .. Carole ....:bighug1:

Jackeyboy
06-02-10, 08:27
Thanks
I feel a bit better now :unsure:
And thanks for giving me the courage.

I WILL FIGHT THROUGH THIS !!!!!

lisa75
06-02-10, 11:27
Hi, GAD is an awful condition to suffer from....Have suffered for years, but things have just "come to a head" if you like. I finally hit my brick wall!! started on meds a couple of weeks ago, starting CBT next week and have just bought some Claire Weekes books....all steps in the right direction though. Positive thinking is the key i think, this thing will not beat us and keep us down. Dont get me wrong, i can have good days/bad days...or good hours/bad hours, but we have to keep going. Easier said than done i know, but the tiniest sight of light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel is such a welcoming sight....and im running to it!! (well a fast walk anyway....dont think ive run since 1997!!!:) )
This website is a godsend...when youre feeling like the only person going throught this, or no one fully understands, it makes you feel reassured, and a recovery is possible xx take care, much love xx

tasia
06-02-10, 14:38
Hi Jack
im a sufferer too, Try to buy that Claire Weekes book, you truly wont regret it and it will make you understand things too...Goodluck I wish you all the best x

owainm
07-02-10, 00:32
Dont want to burst everyones bubble about reading claire weekes books (they are good and can maybe help someone who is not suffering badly) but I have been in situations when my anxiety has been so bad I can't sit still for more than two minutes without feling like I will explode let alone manage to sit and read a book!! I sometimes wonder if a lot of people on these forums have actually suffered a bad anxiety/depressive episode or just think they have, because I assure you when GAD is at its worst (I have had two episodes of constant anxiety/panic attacks with no sleep for weeks on end due to my symptoms) and believe me sitting down and reading a book is just 100% impossible. I am I no way dissmissing any ones elses experiences just presenting my own im my cases the only thing that helped me get over the worst was medication in my case beta-blockers (propananol) this calmed me down enough to allow me to the read these books a bit. Sorry but I think to suggest to people the way to their cure is to read a book when they may not be able to sit still and do so is unfair, in fact it may make them worse because when they find they cannot sit and do this they will despair even more. Sorry a lot of you out there but a lot of peoples problems cant simply be cured by picking up a book

NotResponding
07-02-10, 01:19
:)
Practical things you could do is excercise, unless your anxiety stops you. But you should try to excercise it will get rid of some tension in the body.
Or what about doing something that keeps your mind occupied, something you like doing mayby. If your concerntrating on something intensly you'll have less thinking space. :(

Dont feel down, you can improve your GAD with effort. It is very unlikely you'll be put into a mental home for it, you are not a danger to society are you.
I have some level of GAD also, and I understand.

Explain more in detail I will try to help :)