PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this?

NeverRelaxed
05-02-10, 21:40
Its lightheadedness but NOT constant...sometimes things go a bit wobbly...sometimes I feel unsteady on my feet..sometimes my focus goes all weird..Like my a nervous tic affecting my eyes..like they move around too quick...its hard to describe....And when I try to sleep especially, I get these weird jolts..Not electric zaps like many with anx decsribe..I'll be lying there with my eyes closed and just get this huge jolt in my head tht obv triggers an adrenaline rush and butterflys in my stomach...I HATE these weird sensations and the lightheadedness!!!

Im extra worried there is something serious going on becuase Ive had tight chest, wheeze, breathing problems for about 2 months now..Ive been to hospital twice..seen doctor umpteen times and they say its just anxiety!!!! my heart palps have settles and become less frequent but still I get the occ flutter/hard thumping...I hate to dwell on my symptoms but they are very worrying this time!!!! maybe I should ask for another MRI?

I have a new theory, I think I may have GERD..A complex form tht induces asthma like symptoms..Because It seems to be made worse after eating etc..But I dont see how tht explains the lightheadedness..It nt low blood sugar or anyhting I can put my finger on and its rly worrying me..I could deal if I didnt have tht symptom.:weep:

LucyR
05-02-10, 22:05
Hi, I would be very interested to know what GERD is?

Veronica H
05-02-10, 22:21
The lightheadedness in the forms you describe it, is very common with anxiety.

Veronicax

mummy4
05-02-10, 23:05
i also suffer from this horrid lightheaded feeling and its very scary x

NeverRelaxed
05-02-10, 23:06
really, it sounds the same?

kirstielu
05-02-10, 23:44
i have just started experiancing this and tonight i have extream nausea im really scared also when im walking i feel im being pulled to my right

mummy4
06-02-10, 00:02
yes exactly the same as you have described! though not when im trying to get to sleep.

NeverRelaxed
06-02-10, 19:52
i was told my blood results for thyroid and anemia were normal, no problems. Talked with a reassuring doctor today, made me feel a wee bit better..Still get wobbles and lightheaded jolts though..I was given diazepam and it worked to calm me and my symptoms didnt seem so bad.

NeverRelaxed
06-02-10, 19:53
re: mummy, the eye thing too?

debs180
07-02-10, 04:23
Hi,
I have exactly the same, in fact im still suffering with it now and im none the wiser, all i know is its horrible, scary and leads to more panic.
The head thing you describe when you are going to sleep, i have this alot.......to me it feels like a big cog has dropped in my head.....then i get palps, churning stomach, sicky feeling.....panic!!
When im feeling lightheaded, my eyes feel like they are rippleing, almost like a twitch, and that they are moving fast.
I have been to the doctor as i suffer other head related issues, and he has said that he thinks its all anxiety and tension. But when its bad its so hard to believe that, that is what it is.......but all this for me has been going on for nearly 6 months......but the anxiety started around 15 months ago.
Im sorry this is not much help to you, but i thought it may make you feel abit better that you are not alone.

Take care,
Debs xxx

WeeSmallHours
12-02-10, 23:28
NeverRelaxed, you are definitely not alone here. It is actually nice to see someone post these symptoms. I could have written that. I was actually just searching these forums a few hours ago for eye shaking because sometimes my vision for a split second will shake and it throws me off. I have been feeling sorta lightheaded and my legs especially have been wobbly. Feels like my quads are just too weak.

My anxiety has been in full swing the last month or so. I am just getting over pneumonia/strep/chest cold, and I had pneumonia a little over a year ago. Getting it again through me for a loop.

I also have GERD and I believe that contributes to some of the tightness in my chest and breathing issues. I am going back to GI doc for endoscopy at the end of the month, which I am of course nervous about, to see what is going on. I want to make sure the GERD isn't contributing to the pneumonia via aspiration of stomach acid or anything. It might be beneficial for you to see a GI doctor to rule out GERD or if that is an issue you can get some medication. I have been on PrevAcid for 6 years now, but some people such as my girlfriend only are on it for a short time depending on the cause. It is very possible that anxiety is causing the GERD as it can mess with the lower esophageal sphincter allowing stomach acid to come up.

NeverRelaxed
13-02-10, 00:51
GERD could be the cause...maybe a hiatul hernia...i dnt see how tht would contribute to the vestibular-like symptoms though.

WeeSmallHours
13-02-10, 01:55
I wouldn't think it would contribute to the vestibular system issues. Those are most likely pure anxiety. I find that the quick panic attack is one thing and almost preferable at this point, but the longer lasting, underlying symptoms of extended anxiety are an entirely different animal.