PDA

View Full Version : Panic when I'm not working

weaner
30-12-05, 20:04
Hello all
Just introducing myself - another sufferer of panic attacks. I tend to get them over work, but really I know it's more a control thing, on the list for therapy but want to move to France next year and don't really want to spend the rest of my days on anti-depressants. Been on and off them for 6 years now.

It's so frustrating because I can be logical with myself about the situation but I cannot stop the physical symptons - it's always first thing in the morning then fades as the day goes on but I fear going to bed as I know when I wake up I'll be scared again, then physically sick.

Not the best way to diet!

Anyway hi all

nomorepanic
30-12-05, 20:21
Just wanted to welcome you aboard.

There are quite a few people on here that suffer morning panics and I am sure you will soon read their posts as well.

You need to eat as soon as you get up and try to make the night time as relaxing as possible.

Hope you get some support on here

Nicola

Meg
30-12-05, 20:57
Hello Weaner

You'll find you are in good company with these issues

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

freakedout
30-12-05, 21:58
Hi weaner!

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it as supportive as I do.

Louisa

Karen
30-12-05, 21:58
Hi Weaner

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Tomimo
31-12-05, 11:36
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You are definitely not alone with the feeling of dread in the morning.

It sounds like you have many plans and I am sure that you will be able to do them all.

Annie x

Piglet
31-12-05, 12:08
Welcome to the site :)

love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sueiamnew
31-12-05, 16:29
Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site.

LottaLagg
31-12-05, 18:38
Hello and welcome,
I had the same problem and then started to panic before I went to sleep. I told myself that I wouldn't let the attacks run my life. I prayed that it go away and that I would feel the presence of Jesus with me. It worked. I woke up feeling great all the panic was away. I've learned to control my panic my taking charge of the matter and getting mad at the attacks. I would turn my focus on to something else and ignore them. I would start by rubbing something . It drew my mind away from the panic.
Good Luck
[8D]
Lotta

"One Oneness One"