PDA

View Full Version : omeprazole and seroxat

maybeoneday
05-02-10, 23:45
realy scared, is anyone taking seroxat and omeprazole, i worry about interactions, side effects.
i cant copewith this pain and heartburn anymore,so need to take them.:weep:

Vanilla Sky
06-02-10, 11:31
You would not of been prescribed the two together if there was any chance of this, so take them , you'll feel better! Paige x

Cat80
06-02-10, 13:35
They are fine to take together. Just don't take your seroxat within an hour of taking the omeprazole otherwise it won't work. The omeprazole blocks any other medication for an hour after taking

maybeoneday
06-02-10, 19:19
thanksguys
are any of you taking them both, how long does the omeprazole to start working. i feel like i have something stuck in my throat, like i need to burp(sorry), will this go if i take the tablets.

Dollie
06-02-10, 23:14
I have taken both before, the omeprazole takes about 24 hrs to kick in really and you just have to take them at different times. the omep for me was 20 mg once a day so took it early in the morning but it's what ever suits you really,

good luck sure it will work well :)

maybeoneday
07-02-10, 00:12
thankyou dollie
can i take the omep at night?

lilypippin
07-02-10, 02:09
Hiya

I'm taking both and have never had any probs. I take seroxat in the moring and omeprazole before my evening meal. You'll be fine, honest!

xx

maybeoneday
07-02-10, 12:22
lilypippin
thanks hun, im realy scared now, i google last night andi read some horror stories about omeprazole, saying causes anxiety,panick, breathing problems, etc etc... anyone experienced this? just cant seem to put that tablet in my mouth...

Lissy43
07-02-10, 14:09
Your GP would not prescribe them if there was any risk of interaction with another drug.

You should take them, I take a PPI, lansaprazole and it works wonders for acid and the pain.

maybeoneday
07-02-10, 14:53
jessica lil
are you on antideppressants too, did they give you any sid effects?

Lissy43
07-02-10, 15:54
No I am not on antidepressants, I was about 5 years ago and they worked well for me. The only side effects I had was a dry mouth and tiredness.

I am a student nurse, we give out medication all the time on the wards, sometimes 10 different types of medication for our patients to take at once.

Doctors and pharmacists are very educated, and would never prescribe you two things that could interact and make you feel ill.

I am currently on 2 different antibiotics and the lansaprazole and I have had no interactions taking them all at once twice a day.

Try to relax, take them and I am sure you will be fine. xxx

maybeoneday
07-02-10, 16:58
hi jessica
me again, its notso mucht the heartburn thats aproblem its the pain in my upper left side stomach , andi feel like i need to burp or burp the other end, im tired, bloated, in pain in back too, was this how you feltand does the ppi get rid of this. sorry for all the questions.

Cat80
07-02-10, 17:22
I would take the Omeprazole in the morning as they help keep the acid at bay when you are eating. That's what my Dr advised and it works great for me and I don't get any acid when I'm asleep while I'm on them

I've taken them while trying out various antidepressants (citalopram, seroxat,fluoxetine,mirtazapine etc) and never had reactions to taking both at once. Just remember to take the Omeprazole one hour before food and one hour before any other meds (says this on the leaflet).

Lissy43
07-02-10, 21:20
Yes, I had it for 8 weeks then my GP decided to check for helicobacter, I tested positive with the blood & breath tests so have just had to have treatment for it.

I am not saying that is what you have, gas and acid is VERY common. I have IBS, so I am used to having pain and wind daily anyway, it just got alot worse with helicobacter and I was struggling with the pain.

maybeoneday
07-02-10, 21:38
hi im pretty sure i have helibactor, i too get ibs and this is so painfull, i feel hungry so i eat and that makes it worse, i have been like this too for about 8 weeks, its doing my head in, can i ask was your belly realy hard and feel tight. im going to take a tablet in a while this is getting to much.