PDA

View Full Version : think i have leukemia

wotcanisay
06-02-10, 10:32
hiya am 26 year old and i been on a diet. i find out i weight way less then 20ibs, witch was my first month goal.
i now got a cold and diarrhea, and last night i keep waking up with night sweats
i want to doctor's on friday and he say he didnt think it was anything nasty.
my sister say also the fact i just a cbc done only 7 weeks ago make's it highly unlikely it's that

any replys are most welcome
thank you

suzy-sue
06-02-10, 13:03
Sounds like a common cold virus to me hun ..Drink plenty of fluids and take some cold remedy or paracetamol .Night sweats are very common with colds and upset tummy ..Sometimes the first couple of months on a diet you loose a lot to start with ,but it slows down after a bit ...do you have any other symptoms other than these to make you think its Leukemia ? T/c Hope you feel better soon Luv Sue xx:hugs:

wotcanisay
06-02-10, 13:29
hello sue thank you for your reply

no other symptoms nope bar the fact i hard a bruised on my arm over a week ago
in fact before this cold and now in fact i not felt so good feel like i got energy to burn
i think cos i google weight lose cold and diarrhea and guess what came up lol

i last night i had pizza, wing's and few cans of coke. and today i find out i put on 6pound's. i know to put on a pound you must eat 3500 cal just to put one pound on. and that if your a thin person to start with, so that means i had 21000 cals last night. i know they are fatty but not that much as i check it out.
so i know if there was something really wrong with me i not put on 6pound's.

wotcanisay
06-02-10, 19:34
still cant stop worrying :(
am in on my own tonight this has knock me i feel very jumpy

RosieXXX
06-02-10, 19:55
Yes, you are right if there was something really wrong you wouldn't be putting on weight so easily, and there would definitely be more symptoms showing - especially since you had 'energy to burn' only a short while back. I am sure you are suffering from nothing more than a common cold, and you will find within a week or so you will be back to your normal self. :)

Don't go googling it is the worst thing ever - it always ends up feeding the anxiety.

wotcanisay
06-02-10, 20:27
thank you rosie
i just get myself so work up at time's. and even now with the fact i not had much sleep i still feel like i got energy i dont feel tired.
i google last night that why am in this mess :blush:
i treated myself to some new bedding to try and relax me

suzy-sue
06-02-10, 20:43
You wouldnt feel energetic if you had it .Nor would you put on weight ..Have a nice relaxing Bath and watch a film that makes you feel happy ,or listen to some of your favourite music ..Make the most of your time alone to pamper yourself ..Im sure you will feel better in a couple of days .T/c SUE XX:hugs:

RosieXXX
06-02-10, 21:45
Once you get these thoughts it is hard to shift them, and google really does mess with your head. It does sound like you are beginning to come out of this one; keep on building on positive thoughts - the fact that you aren't tired is a very good reason to believe you are fine.

I hope you have a good night's sleep, and wake up feeling a lot more confident.

unspoken
07-02-10, 00:19
I agree with the posters above. Also, with the sudden weight fluctuations, weight does fluctuate on a daily basis due to the amount of liquid in your body. So if you're a bit dehydrated, you could seem to weigh less all of a sudden. Don't weigh yourself every day or even every week, try to just do it once a month and maybe weigh yourself a few times around a couple of days to get an average for comparison.

wotcanisay
07-02-10, 18:44
thank you all:bighug1:
i even fell better today and i had no night sweats