PDA

View Full Version : I want to come off Cipralex

Trixie
06-02-10, 13:41
I am taking 15mgs daily (usually before I go to bed) and I have put on so much weight since I have been taking them it's unbelievable.

Before I bother my doctor I wondered if anyone knew the best way to go about it. :)

mummy4
06-02-10, 15:50
seems we are sort of in the same boat!!

i have been taking 5mg every other day now for prob 6 weeks and have to say my anxiety has gone up.

i too would like to sop but am scared as i have done many times before and have always ended up a nervous wreck :(

ill keep an eye on this post for tips :) x

Trixie
06-02-10, 16:31
seems we are sort of in the same boat!!

i have been taking 5mg every other day now for prob 6 weeks and have to say my anxiety has gone up.

i too would like to sop but am scared as i have done many times before and have always ended up a nervous wreck :(

ill keep an eye on this post for tips :) x

My initial problem causing me to go on Cipralex was anxiety focused on the health of my eldest cat that was two years ago this summer. I really want to come off them because I have put on so much weight it is ridiculous.

I take 15mgs before I go to bed perhaps I will start tonight by taking a little less.:shrug:

mummy4
07-02-10, 12:47
hey

did you cut back on your meds?

BexieB
07-02-10, 13:02
Hi Trixie

I came of Cipralex last july, cut back gradually over 6 weeks. I had no adverse effects until i stopped completely. I then gots the dizzies, which lasted only two weeks. However 8 weeks later my anx/depression started to return and i went back on SSRI.

I know the weight issue is getting you down, but please make sure your mood is sabilised and you've been on the med long enough before you start to come of these meds. Your weight will be the least of your worries if your original symptoms recur.

Just be careful Trixie...there are other ways of managing your weight. I put on 2 stone while on cip...but i know well i was overeating and not exercising.

Take care Trix

Bexie

Trixie
07-02-10, 16:31
hey

did you cut back on your meds?

No, I thought my cat was unwell and I could feel butterflies in my stomach.:mad:

It's all about not being in control of the situation (I am not a vet and what could I do if he was taken ill in the night type of thing).

I want to come off them to see if my weight will drop.

bab
07-02-10, 19:11
hiya
i have put on so much weight - i know that im not the healthiest eater but ive also tried dieting and it makes no difference while im on this - its so depressibng

Phill2
08-02-10, 02:02
I went off em for 8 weeks a while back.
Cut the dose in half (10mg down to 5mg) for 2 weeks and started to get head zaps so I just stopped completely.
I was doing well till some major stress came along and I ended up back on em.
I'll try again in the future when things are calmer cause I don't like being this heavy either.
Phill :shades: