PDA

View Full Version : i am new but had anxiety and panics for years

betsy
06-02-10, 14:43
as i sais i am new scot age 55 and having a very bad phase of anxiety and panic disorder. Been taken off slowly meds been on 25 years really struggling. feel i have gone back to the begining. live alone and this makes it worse. family up married and new baby which i am suposed to be going to watch in 5 months. so help will be greatly appreciated.

Ronny
06-02-10, 22:08
Hello Betsy and welcome.I am 55 also and have been suffering from P/Anxiety for years too .Bloody awfull isn't it.Set backs are common but that is what it is a setback,you can and will get back on track,do you do deep breathing exercises,also menapause has a lot of the same symptoms as panic and anxiety.I am on my own 5 days a week,my hubby works away so I know how you feel,you should get out more and make new friends,or do some voluntary work,that helps for me,when I can get out lol.Anyway you can PM me anytime Take Care of yourself
Rhonda:welcome:

KK77
07-02-10, 00:16
Hello Betsy

Welcome to NMP!

Jannie2948
07-02-10, 00:41
I'm also new and a bit older than you! I've only been diagnosed with panic attacks and anxiety a few months ago and been on citalopram for 3 months. Still have the odd day were I have anxiety and dizziness/lightheaded but feel better than I did last October/November. When I look back I have most probably been suffering with it for years but managed to live with it until late last year when it hit me really bad. Some days I still find it hard to manage but I work full time and am able to get through the day and only have the odd 'blip' at work. My colleagues are amazing and all understand and are very helpful. My eldest son has had to come and stay with me because I had felt so terrified in the beginning and he has been wonderful. Just hope you get through it and if ever you need to talk to someone please feel free to email me as I find it helps to talk to people who understand what we are going though. All the best to you all... x x