PDA

View Full Version : Hot Sweats Night and Day.

tasia
06-02-10, 14:55
Hi there,
Wonder if any of the ladies can relate to this. A couple of months ago I missed a period it was about a month late so went to the doctor and he did some blood tests to see if I had hormonal changes going on as im in my 40s. Anyway the blood tests came back absolutely fine no changes atall. but again this month im a bit late and for the last couple of weeks been having hot sweats but usually this will only happen when im stressed for instance if I think my son is going to be late for work, or Im feeling worried about something it starts also been waking up with night sweats. I Dr Googled which I know is the wrong thing to do and it said that the sweating if not menopausal, can be due to infections in the body ofcourse now im getting myself up the wall thinking ive got something wrong. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys..:weep:

tasia
08-02-10, 17:53
left it a couple of days and still no replys..it must be really unusual what im going through, still got it...think ill leave it another week and see what happens than go to docs to see what he says...

sammi
08-02-10, 17:58
i have the night sweats too hun maybe its down to anxiety. x

melvin
08-02-10, 20:59
i get hot sweats in the night and iv had them in the day only get them when im very stressed i feel im going red hot i have to deep breath to get rid of it so id say its def down to anxiety it is a horrible symptom

tasia
09-02-10, 10:32
Hey guys,
Thank you so much for your replys..I do feel a wee bit better after reading your posts. It does seem to happen more when im stressed but if it is stress, I must be feeling it so often as this is happening on and off all day and during the night. Hopefully it will ease off and if not maybe make an appointment at the Docs again. Thankyou both again x

missy007
09-02-10, 11:02
Hi tasia

Again, I have had a really restless night and woken several times in the night with the bedclothes sticking to me and soaked in sweat. I have had this on and off during the last few years but it has become more frequent recently - I also have issues with anxiety and panic attacks.
Like you, I am in my forties and I put this down to my hormones and stress - my partner works away from home and left on Sunday for a week so I have been alone and worrying and stressing about anything and everything!
I came across this site by accident a few days ago and have found just reading other posts to be really helpful and everyone is so friendly and welcoming.
Hope this is of help to you.
Lesley

sammi
09-02-10, 11:02
your welcome hun. i have them very often and i put it down to stress and anxiety. x

tasia
10-02-10, 17:35
Hi again guys,
Thankyou both so much I really appreciate your feedback and feel so so much better now. I agree with you Lesley that there are some really lovely people on here and I must say you and Sammi are two of them thanks so much again for making me feel better im still suffering maybe this is how im going to be, but I will put it down to my age, hormones and my anxiety and nothing sinister now..xx