PDA

View Full Version : Fear of wetting oneself!

Quailman
31-12-05, 02:13
Does anyone know if there's a name for this? I've tried researching it but I can't find anything (actually typing "fear of needing the toilet" into google was how I found this site in the first place)

I'm really struggling with this fear and I think I'd feel a lot less pathetic if I could pin it down as a recognised phobia.

Otherwise I'll just have to make something up (How does Bladdoraphobia sound?)

Quailman
31-12-05, 17:24
Ok - no luck so far but after extensive research I'm fairly certain that Bladdoraphobia doesn't exist as a word. Still looking.

nomorepanic
31-12-05, 17:41
Did reading the other posts about it help atall?

Is it just that you need to be near a toilet all the time?

It is quite common.

Nicola

Quailman
31-12-05, 19:40
Reading the other links was very helpful. And sorry if I sounded offensive when I said that I felt pathetic. The last thing I want is to belittle other people who feel this way. It's just that this is the first time I've come into contact with others who suffer in this way and I've had quite a bit of time to feel on my own with it (which is where the pathetic comment came from). I guess I made the post because I thought it would be helpful to give it a label and try to understand it a bit more.

However, I have looked and I can't seem to find anything.

nomorepanic
01-01-06, 17:23
You didn't sound offensive atall.

I know that you want to find a label for it - we all do that at times cos we feel better if we can say "it is called xxxx" but at the end of the day it is a real problem for you but knowing that you are not alone will be some comfort.

Nicola