PDA

View Full Version : Male, 45, East Sussex - dealing with GAD quite nicely thanks

the_eldergeek
06-02-10, 16:52
Hi, been lurking the forums and site for quite some time now, but thought I ought to surface and say hi!

I'm a 45yo male, I live on the East Sussex coast in Eastbourne.

I experience GAD - I don't suffer with it :) - frequently, but I have learnt to manage it, and deal with it effectively, through meditation, proper relaxation and by not keeping it covered up. In fact, I often find myself laughing at it and enjoying the heightened senses I get through it!

I have found most people have been genuinely interested in the condition, but moreso in how I deal with it and what I do to deal with it. They are fascinated when I tell them about meditation, relaxation and the techniques I use. Some take it with a pinch of salt of course, but in the main, it's a positive response, and surrounding yourself with positive people is a great thing to do in dealing with GAD.

Hopefully, where appropriate, I'll get to discuss what I do, how I do it, and how it makes me feel, but in the interim, I'm just going to settle back into my comfy chair, put a big smile on my face and do some reading of the latest forum posts.

'Speak' soon folks :biggrin:

diane07
06-02-10, 16:54
Hi the_eldergeek

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

suzy-sue
06-02-10, 18:38
Hi and :welcome:to NMP.Im sure you will get a lot of support here .I look forward to reading your posts ..Sue x

Veronica H
06-02-10, 20:57
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

the_eldergeek
08-02-10, 21:16
Thanks folks, nice to have such a warm welcome. Looking forward to my time here. :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
08-02-10, 21:24
Hi and welcome to NMP , Look forward to "meeting you" , come into chat and spread your positive vibes ! :welcome: Paige x

the_eldergeek
08-02-10, 22:00
Hi and welcome to NMP , Look forward to "meeting you" , come into chat and spread your positive vibes ! :welcome: Paige x

Chomping at the bit! Only a couple more days to go, and I get my 'pass'

Maj
08-02-10, 22:19
Hello,

You sound very positive and it will be interesting hearing more about your outlook on anxiety, etc. Everyone suffering from this wants reassurance that you can live a "normal" life. I think you can also, but sometimes it can rear it's ugly head, even if every few years or so - and give you a wee setback. This is what usually happens to me - but I do think every setback makes you stronger, then you can dust yourself off and go on your merry way again!!
Myra:hugs: